Erik Chinander

44 minutes ago, RedRedJarvisRedwine said:

Agree with throwing out a big number to see if Kevin Steele would be interested.

He's getting paid a lot already but if he can do what he does at NU I'd say 1.5 Ms is more than worth it. Maybe we can spend a little less on the offensive side of the ball considering Frost can handle that pretty well himself.

42 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

He's getting paid a lot already but if he can do what he does at NU I'd say 1.5 Ms is more than worth it. Maybe we can spend a little less on the offensive side of the ball considering Frost can handle that pretty well himself.

It'll be interesting to see what happens should UCF promote one of the coordinators to the HC job.  Selfishly, I hope it's the DC because I'm a giant fan boy of Troy Walters.  I'll be curious to see what happens if UCF goes outside and brings in an existing HC.  Does Frost bring both coordinators with him?  I get the impression that the salary pool for assistants is going to be at least as big as it was for Riley which was around $3.8mm (although I'm not sure what happens with Bob Elliott's salary--RIP).  I do wonder if Chinander gets the HC job if they'll go with a big name guy since they'll obviously have the money to do it.  Steele would be awesome obviously.

Edited by Xmas32
1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens should UCF promote one of the coordinators to the HC job.  Selfishly, I hope it's the DC because I'm a giant fan boy of Troy Walters.  I'll be curious to see what happens if UCF goes outside and brings in an existing HC.  Does Frost bring both coordinators with him?  I get the impression that the salary pool for assistants is going to be at least as big as it was for Riley which was around $3.8mm (although I'm not sure what happens with Bob Elliott's salary--RIP).

I think it will all depend on who comes with. If Frost brings most of his staff and both coordinators I bet the assistant pool remains about the same as it was for Riley, maybe pushing up to 4M. If he goes out and hires a new coordinator we may go as high as 5M.

This probably belongs in Rumorville but the guy that sent me pics of Frost in Lincoln this last weekend said to keep an eye on Derrick Ansley ( DB coach for Bama ) as someone that might be joining Frost here.   He didn't specify in what role he would join but said he is one of the top guys that will be gone after.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

This probably belongs in Rumorville but the guy that sent me pics of Frost in Lincoln this last weekend said to keep an eye on Derrick Ansley ( DB coach for Bama ) as someone that might be joining Frost here.   He didn't specify in what role he would join but said he is one of the top guys that will be gone after.

I would love to see these pics