Erik Chinander

13 minutes ago, jassman24 said:

You sound like coach diaco.

I think you are on to something with that comment.  What gives me pause is the mentality of not really caring how many points are scored on us.  I realize in the modern game that no matter how good of a coach, staff, and players you have, there are times where you will get gashed as a defense.  But after the AAC conference championship game (and please correct me if I am wrong) it didn't seem as if anyone on the UCF coaching staff was overly concerned.

A win is a win, but my opinion is that both sides of the ball should deserve equal consideration, and even though this may not be a fact, the impression under the Chip Kelly/Scott Frost offense, and the UCF-Memphis, UCF-USF games, was that defense is an afterthought.  I think this philosophy/zeitgeist/impression that offense comes first and defense second is what is causing some hesitation among Husker fans.

All that said, I have confidence that Chinander and Frost will do just fine if they have time to adjust, learn, and adapt.  I honestly believe that Scott Frost knows and understands the importance of the Blackshirts to Nebraska football. 

I hope all of you who think our D will be fine, are right. 

Don't care what UCF did in their Conf, it wasn't the B1G and they didn't have to play against those D's. 

I'm sure it will take time for Frost and his D/C to get some of the players they will need to slow down some of the offences's they will see.

As far as scoring, same as above, not B1G teams they played against.

Frost will put a lot better product on the field in a couple of years, that i don't doubt. He just needs time.

GBR!!!