Erik Chinander

What this really shows is that over the last few years we forgot how to play football.  The B1G sucks except for a couple of teams, and we haven't been able to compete against them.  Times has come to improve our game!  Bottom feeders in total offense..............................wow.  There is no reason we can't compete and win this West side!

12 hours ago, LaneKiffenGBR said:

Read else where that Tosh Lupoi would/could possibly be a DC candidate. But either him or Kevin steele would be incredible. Imagine either of those two working the defense with SF on the offense... 

First, no way do I see Lupoi coming here.  Also, in no way do I want Lupoi as a DC, something he has never done.  He makes his hay as a recruiter, plain and simple. 

29 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Reports out of UCF say it is "extremely likely" that Chinander will move with Frost to Nebraska.

I don't know what to think about this. I saw some really good things this year. Their DBs played the ball good, their tip drill in particular was fantastic. He dialed up some great pressures at times, in particular I liked how they managed the Navy game. UCFs coaches seemed well aware that Navy could eventually tire out that front seven, and when it did they had some special packages ready, that IMO, was really big in winning that game.

The problem I have is this was a very momentum based unit. When things were looking great, like in the first Memphis game, they looked unstoppable. They really got in Ferguson's head that first game. Totally took him out of it. But they were just as likely to ride the negative mo. Too many big plays against them where they just stopped tackling. Too much confidence in their own offense perhaps took the edge off. I don't know. It was more of a case of just not tackling than being out of position.

Statsistically, not a great unit. Decent scoring numbers helped by turnovers. 4.2 ypc, ok, not great. You want that less than 4.0, less than 3.0 is elite.  5.5 ypp against, that's middle of the pack, needs to come down by a yard. It's hard to say how that translates from UCF to Nebraska, because while UCF has talent, it's of the one sided variety. Speed but no size or size but no quickness. At times I thought they got a lot out of what they had, at others times they may as well not have taken the field.