I REALLY HATE the Forward Pass!

ajt1970

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Yeah, because Wide Receivers aren't tough at all...

KCEdZnB.gif

vbo7gu5.gif

UldOAzS.gif

tFXIs0H.gif

OP- Move down under and watch Rugby.  

I will never tire of watching that block Kenny Bell dropped- that and the Martinez run were the 2 bright spots of that dreadful conference game.  Frost has a lot of work ahead of him but man I cannot wait for an attitude and swagger to return to this team

I can't say that I hate the forward pass but I do hate dink and dunk offenses I do know that.  I felt like at times that's what our offense was this year from a passing perspective.  Boringest type of passing offense for me for sure but sadly it seems to be a pretty common aspect/way of moving the ball through the air now.  

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Why do they stop the clock on an incomplete pass? I think I know but not sure it makes sense anymore.

It keeps teams from burning clock with intentional errant passes. W/o it, and keeping in mind the play clock doesn't start until the ball is spotted, teams could whip it why down field and out of bounds and burn lots of time while the ball is brought back and spotted. 

1 minute ago, Gage County said:

It keeps teams from burning clock with intentional errant passes. W/o it, and keeping in mind the play clock doesn't start until the ball is spotted, teams could whip it why down field and out of bounds and burn lots of time while the ball is brought back and spotted. 

That was the reason I had in mind too. It probably made sense back in the day when pigskins were scarce. If they allowed ball boys on the field to retrieve the errant ball, a replacement ball from the sideline could be spotted about as quick as following a run.