Scott Frost ETA (Poll)

BIG ERN

What month will Scott Frost arrive at Nebraska?   

188 members have voted

1. 1. What month will Scott Frost arrive at Nebraska?

• December
    • January
    • Never

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/2017 at 01:09 AM

3 minutes ago, waylanm said:

Win or lose Saturday, UCF is going to a great bowl game.  Probably a new years day bowl if they win.  He won't ditch his current team.  It may be announced Saturday evening, but he will coach his team through the bowl game.  

Doubtful, if he is in fact Nebraska's hire.

If it were a championship game or the CFP, maybe. Bowl games don't carry as much weight as they used to and he's going to be getting between $5-7 million reasons to get to Nebraska soon. The costs associated with hanging around UCF outweigh the benefits in this scenario.

• Plus1 2

I dont see any other way its works out.  I am sure that some of his current recruits for UCF wouldn't mind following him up here as well.  It would be very awkward to be recruiting for us and still coaching them with all the recruiting that needs done here.  I am not saying we poach UCF and there recruiting so far.  I just sense that he has some bonds with recruits who might wish to play only for him, not the school.  I am sure that UCF will ask Scott to stay away from current recruits that have signed already.  Which all of that makes zero in any way because these players were recruited by many teams other than UCF.  Who really knows about how that stuff works behind closed doors.

16 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Doubtful, if he is in fact Nebraska's hire.

If it were a championship game or the CFP, maybe. Bowl games don't carry as much weight as they used to and he's going to be getting between $5-7 million reasons to get to Nebraska soon. The costs associated with hanging around UCF outweigh the benefits in this scenario.

I think that even though it is UCF, an undefeated season with a bowl win is special.  It's his team, his sweat and blood, his work, his baby.  It's something to be proud of.  Even in the AAC.  I think he finishes it out.  

Either way, just getting frost here will be a huge excitement boost for the program.  Whenever he gets here.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, waylanm said:

Why would he screw his undefeated UCF team?

He wouldnt. He is coaching the CCG. Nebraska would not allow him to dicate holding the announcement to freaking January. We need to look out for ourselves here also and the Dec 20 signing day is not a throwaway signing date for us. 

10 hours ago, waylanm said:

I think that even though it is UCF, an undefeated season with a bowl win is special.  It's his team, his sweat and blood, his work, his baby.  It's something to be proud of.  Even in the AAC.  I think he finishes it out.  

Either way, just getting frost here will be a huge excitement boost for the program.  Whenever he gets here.

It's theoretically possible but just feels so unlikely. He'll miss out on the early signing period, he won't be able to focus on Nebraska recruiting until after the New Year and UCF is going to want to pounce on their own hire as soon as possible if Frost announces he's leaving this next week. There's just a lot of awkward weirdness and potential set backs with spending his time in Orlando for another month. A month is an incredibly long time in college football.

3 hours ago, Warrior said:

If he doesn't come right away who does that leave on the recruiting trail.  I'm assuming his staff will all come with, but they will need to stay and coach the bowl game.  With the old staff already fired who is left? 

That's one of the reasons I have a hard time imagining that Scott would wait for the bowl game. Bray is really the only staff member left. Moos has to believe a new staff will be in position soon to cover.

Every day a coach isn't here recruiting is a missed opportunity. Wasting a month to play in a relatively meaningless bowl game just feels unwise.

• Plus1 2

There is a scenario where Frost coaches the bowl game for UCF, while also being the Head Coach for Nebraska in December, and prepping for next year.  I agree that it would most likely be that Frost leaves UCF altogether and goes 100% NU in December, but he's not going to stay at UCF for the bowl game and not do any work for NU in December.

If UCF and NU agree to let Frost coach in the UCF bowl game, the timeline would most likely be like this.

Dec. 4th - Frost is hired by NU, arrives in Lincoln for press conference and starts getting his staff together for NU.  He leaves a small staff at UCF to carry out bowl prep.  The NCAA allows "split coaching staffs" in times of transition.  UCF can also bring in interim assistant coaches & GA's to help out in bowl prep.

Dec. 5 - 22 - Frost and his new staff in Lincoln do recruiting for JUCO's and high school guys that want to sign early (12/20-22).

Dec. 23 - Frost hands off dead period duties to his new NU assistant coaches, and goes back to UCF to oversee the bowl prep.

Dec. 26-1 - Frost takes over the UCF football team and bowl prep for one final game with UCF.

Again, this is all dependent on whether UCF wants Frost to coach in the bowl game, Frost wants to do it, and NU is willing to allow Frost to coach one more game.  I am sure NU would rather have Frost be 100% NU from day 1, but it might be a consideration they give to Frost during contract negotiations.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There is a scenario where Frost coaches the bowl game for UCF, while also being the Head Coach for Nebraska in December, and prepping for next year.  I agree that it would most likely be that Frost leaves UCF altogether and goes 100% NU in December, but he's not going to stay at UCF for the bowl game and not do any work for NU in December.

I don't see it.  Has it ever happened anywhere - for a "regular" bowl game?  It's happened a couple times when the school is in the national championship game - Pelini for example - but other than that they pretty much leave when hired.

Especially with our recruiting situation.  Less than half of a class at the moment.  Have to try to keep as many of those guys as possible and find 10-12 more guys to get with the December signing period looming.  Plus ease the concerns of current players and hire a staff.

If it was the NFL and all you had to worry about was playing the games, possibly.  WAY too much other stuff going on in the college game.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If UCF and NU agree to let Frost coach in the UCF bowl game, the timeline would most likely be like this.

Dec. 4th - Frost is hired by NU, arrives in Lincoln for press conference and starts getting his staff together for NU.  He leaves a small staff at UCF to carry out bowl prep.  The NCAA allows "split coaching staffs" in times of transition.  UCF can also bring in interim assistant coaches & GA's to help out in bowl prep.

Dec. 5 - 22 - Frost and his new staff in Lincoln do recruiting for JUCO's and high school guys that want to sign early (12/20-22).

Dec. 23 - Frost hands off dead period duties to his new NU assistant coaches, and goes back to UCF to oversee the bowl prep.

Dec. 26-1 - Frost takes over the UCF football team and bowl prep for one final game with UCF.

Again, this is all dependent on whether UCF wants Frost to coach in the bowl game, Frost wants to do it, and NU is willing to allow Frost to coach one more game.  I am sure NU would rather have Frost be 100% NU from day 1, but it might be a consideration they give to Frost during contract negotiations.

incredulous.gif

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I don't see it.  Has it ever happened anywhere - for a "regular" bowl game?  It's happened a couple times when the school is in the national championship game - Pelini for example - but other than that they pretty much leave when hired.

Especially with our recruiting situation.  Less than half of a class at the moment.  Have to try to keep as many of those guys as possible and find 10-12 more guys to get with the December signing period looming.  Plus ease the concerns of current players and hire a staff.

If it was the NFL and all you had to worry about was playing the games, possibly.  WAY too much other stuff going on in the college game.

I agree that it's highly unlikely.  Someone pointed out that Urban Meyer did it with Utah back a number of years ago when he led them to an undefeated season and played in the Fiesta Bowl.

All I was trying to do was show a scenario where Frost could do both.  If Frost does take the NU job, he's most likely going to be 100% NU on day 1.  There is NO CHANCE that he's going to be 100% UCF until after their bowl game.  People thinking that are just plain wrong.