Changes to the Nebraska brand

Dansker

11 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I think I'm in the minority but I like the stripes down the side of the pants, however It wouldn't bother me if they went back to the plain red/white pants. But I don't want to go back to the all black shoes. Very few players wear short socks, most wear full or 3/4 spandex, and I think the white and red cleats look pretty sharp

I'm beginning to think uniforms are cyclical too. 80's we wore a lot of white shoes, 90's back to black, 2000's for the most part black shoes. 2010's mostly white shoes. I'm a classy guy, the black Adidas shoes are like an old school style now but I love it. Kind of like how PSU has black Nike shoes.

I am curious to see if Frost brings in multiple uniform combinations and uses alternative helmets, or if he sticks with tradition and maybe even goes back more toward the 90's look.

I could see him using more alternates, and if he does I hope he uses the helmet we wore vs Northwestern in whatever that look was call. the all white helmet with just the red N and chrome face masks.

Another alternate helmet I could see us using is a giant modern look Herbie Husker head on our helmets similar to how Oklahoma State uses Pistol Pete's head on their helmets.

2 hours ago, FTW said:

- Revamp the Nebraska "N" logo that is dated back to the Callahan era mainly when our logo is shown on TV or go back to these:

tehw6xtk9sefdv578hfzgepb3.gif.c72280b96c2476bb77ebf685c7496fa1.gifHelmetHuskers_1983.jpg.ec7064b77bc852ff426c2c68ba100bfc.jpg

Uhh... they already brought back the script logo a couple years ago, and scrapped the one with the curved block lettering that looked like the logos of a dozen other schools.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210723923

Here's all the current official UNL logos/branding: http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/4509608.pdf?&DB_OEM_ID=100

Edited by Toe
1 minute ago, Toe said:

Uhh... they already did that a couple years ago.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210723923

Here's all the current official UNL logos/branding: http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/4509608.pdf?&DB_OEM_ID=100

It's not that much different from 2004 but I'm talking about rebranding it back with Huskers on the front with black font. It's an intimidating look.

5 hours ago, BoneyardCornhusker said:

Well there are two things here....You throw the bones holding up the three fingers at the same time when there actually is a three and out. Throw the bones on a good defensive stop without throwing the three fingers up.

That's how it's supposed to go, but the dang dummy college kids in the student section do the 3 and out bones throwing after any successful third down stop, even if they've gotten five first downs. Someone tweet @ the Iron N or the Boneyard or whatever.

5 hours ago, FTW said:

I'm beginning to think uniforms are cyclical too. 80's we wore a lot of white shoes, 90's back to black, 2000's for the most part black shoes. 2010's mostly white shoes. I'm a classy guy, the black Adidas shoes are like an old school style now but I love it. Kind of like how PSU has black Nike shoes.

Same. I was so happy when we switched to the white/red shoes in 2012, but I've flip flopped and want the black back. Penn State and Alabama just look...I'm not sure what it is. Tough? Blue collar? No nonsense? Something like that, when they're wearing the black shoes. 

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, FTW said:

Really? Michigan has Air Jordan on their uniforms and Wisconsin went with Under Armour and they made minor tweaks to their uniforms and look less like Nebraska. Due to the Adidas scandal, NU could reconsider.

Just like kids don't know what the 90s were at Nebraska.  Most have never watched a Jordan game, it's a brand just like Adidas, also it's a basketball player.   That's the most hilarious Nebraska thing someone has said.  I have no idea what Wisconsin has anything to do with anything. 

11 hours ago, FTW said:

You could see it throughout his entire regime. Not just how they treat them in the locker room but in the games too. Just seeing players undershirts sticking out and jerseys not tucked in looks very sloppy and lazy.

This wasn't/isn't just a Riley thing. It happened under Bo and it happens all over the country, even good teams.