F**K Herbstreit

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-scott-frost-kirk-herbstreit-espn

So Herbie here has been king of flip flop and back tracking. Just in the past 2-3 weeks, when the Florida job was still open Herbstreit was saying there is NO WAY Frost leaves the state of Florida for the Nebraska job with the Florida job being a much better place to coach and an easier place to recruit. He thought that Frost was a lock to Florida. *Insert Dan Mullen as the Florida HC* He then says what a story it would be to have Frost back in Lincoln. He would be really good at NU and could bring Nebraska back to the national spotlight. He would go on to say how he would hope that happens and he believes Frost's with his connections to recruit FL would get the speed he needs.

Now, the second there is a possibility of another big time job opening he starts saying Frost to Florida State.. Doubting the ability to recruit to Nebraska, doubting Frosts plan at NU, doubting the current roster and the ability to get the players Frost needs...

Is it me or does ole D-bag Herbstreit have something against Nebraska? Does he not want to see another Big 10 school competing with his Buckeyes? Or is he just trying to make something out of nothing since everything has been relatively quiet on the Frost front?

Any thoughts or ideas on this rumor as well?

I've been trolled! Dilly Dilly!

But for real.. “First, we’re all assuming he’s going to take the job, but then I hear rumors that he’s going to take the Florida State job,” said Herbstreit

I mean if he's just openly talking to Land of 10 on an open media tour I don't know why he would bring that up. I don't know if there's any truth to the FL State possibility but that has to be a little concerning.. Or maybe it truly is just media trying to make noise right now.

Discussed somewhat on the mega thread (which, i assume this thread will be merged in 3 ... 2.... 1)

Step away from the ledge.  He's not taking the Florida State job.  Herbie is an attention whore and what better way to get Husker fans riled up than to allow that to get out "somehow".  He is literally the only one saying it (if he even did to begin with), and not even on ESPN - it's on a click bait site.

• Plus1 3
16 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-football-scott-frost-kirk-herbstreit-espn

So Herbie here has been king of flip flop and back tracking. Just in the past 2-3 weeks, when the Florida job was still open Herbstreit was saying there is NO WAY Frost leaves the state of Florida for the Nebraska job with the Florida job being a much better place to coach and an easier place to recruit. He thought that Frost was a lock to Florida. *Insert Dan Mullen as the Florida HC* He then says what a story it would be to have Frost back in Lincoln. He would be really good at NU and could bring Nebraska back to the national spotlight. He would go on to say how he would hope that happens and he believes Frost's with his connections to recruit FL would get the speed he needs.

Now, the second there is a possibility of another big time job opening he starts saying Frost to Florida State.. Doubting the ability to recruit to Nebraska, doubting Frosts plan at NU, doubting the current roster and the ability to get the players Frost needs...

Is it me or does ole D-bag Herbstreit have something against Nebraska? Does he not want to see another Big 10 school competing with his Buckeyes? Or is he just trying to make something out of nothing since everything has been relatively quiet on the Frost front?

Any thoughts or ideas on this rumor as well?

• Plus1 2

I think Kirk holds a unique dislike for Nebraska and teams that were dominant or better than Ohio State around the time he was a player and just after.  He played for OSU from 1989 to 1993 when OSU was comparable to what Nebraska has become averaging 7 or 8 wins a season the past 15 years.  His first 4 years out of college saw Nebraska win 3 titles, and like most of us, you either love or hate who is on top.

Herbie, like all TV personalities are trying to get attention, for themselves or what ever outlet they are working for.   He has commented on this hate thing numerous times about many other programs that claim that he hates them.  BAMA, Auburn, USC, Texas, Oklahoma and yes Nebraska. 

I think he moved from Columbus to Nashville, because the Ohio State fans thought he hated them and harassed him and his family continually.

He said great things about Pelini when hired, truly thought MR could do the job.  He realizes that everything is based on recruiting and none of the past coaches has brought that level (NC) of player to Nebraska, except Callahan with Suh.  

When coach Frost is announced he will be one of the first to congratulate Nebraska and Coach Frost.  But anyone who thinks that Nebraska will have the exact same turn around as UCF is way off.  This will take time, the advantage the Coach Frost has,  is most, and I say most will give him the time to do it.  There will be those at the end of the second year questioning no doubt.  As Moiraine said I think, we just need to see Ohio State punt.  That is how far we are off the path.

Edited by skersfan
Just now, Dilly Dilly said:

BTW @Landlord - it's possible to not like Herbstreit for other reasons, not Husker related.  Just sayin.

Not liking Herbstreit is fine. Claiming that he hates Nebraska or has an anti-NU bias is juvenile and lacking in any critical thinking.

Also, dilly dilly doesn't really mean anything. It's like the 'whazzzzuppppppppp' of 2017.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Not liking Herbstreit is fine. Claiming that he hates Nebraska or has an anti-NU bias is juvenile and lacking in any critical thinking.

Also, dilly dilly doesn't really mean anything. It's like the 'whazzzzuppppppppp' of 2017.

It's actually being used more like a "HEAR HEAR" type of thing in the Bud Light commercials.    I believe it's been around for a while as i'd heard it long before the commercials made it more common now.