F**K Herbstreit

Seems like I have to make this post every year. 

Last year it was Herbie giggling when asked about our legitimacy after going 7-0. We all knew we weren't world beaters but like clockwork at least enough people allowed themselves to get butt-hurt about it to make it worth his time. 

People are going to say trollish things about Nebraska, especially Nebraska Football. We're an easy target, like the bully who knows just what you're most self conscious about and makes fun of that. People know we take football very seriously and as long as we respond in force to the bait they'll keep doing it. 

In my lifetime we've been the team that can't win the big game, the team that only wins because we're a win at all costs team, the team that wins 9 games every year, gets blown out on national tv, the team that has too high expectations, fires 9 win coaches etc. Now we're the team that really wants Scott Frost so people are going to push that button. 

I don't watch college gameday, I don't understand it's appeal but some people like it and that's cool. What I don't understand is people who start firing off angry tweets when some former player or coach says something they don't like. Before this it was Denardo talking about ditching Blackshirts. I can't even be bothered to make sure I spelled his name correctly, he can think or say that about the Blackshirts, I didn't lose any sleep. It's their job to say stuff, that's all they do. If others hadn't been upset about it I never would have known. 

I watch football all day on Saturday from 11 am kickoffs until I pass out watching Pac-12 games. I don't need someone explaining what I just watched or what I'm about to watch. If that's you're thing that's cool, just please don't take the bait. 

• Plus1 1