Frost Gets Huskers to B1G CCG When?

First Trip to CCG under Frost  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted 4+ because of Wisconsin.  They are more established than us and we have to focus on beating them consistently before we can even sniff the CCG.  The road will 90% of the time lead to beating Wisc to get to the CCG.  Now if Frost can do it sooner great but year 4 and on will tell me if we have staying power.  I'm looking for competitive consistency.

• Plus1 1

I VOTED YEAR ONE BUT I THINK IT'S ACTUALLY MUCH SOONER THAN THAT. I FEEL STRONGLY THAT HEAD COACH SCOTT FROST WILL BE SO GOOD THAT FOUR GAMES INTO OUR NINE GAME CONFERENCE SCHEDULE THE BIG TEN WILL RECOGNIZE THAT HE IS AMAZEBALLS AND WILL AWARD HIM ALL FIRST PLACE POINTS AND AN AUTOMATIC BERTH INTO THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. OUR LAST FEW CONFERENCE GAMES WILL BE FORFEITED SO OUR OPPONENTS DON'T GET HURT AND THEY WILL INSTEAD BE IMPROMPTU PHISH CONCERTS.

• Plus1 8

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I VOTED YEAR ONE BUT I THINK IT'S ACTUALLY MUCH SOONER THAN THAT. I FEEL STRONGLY THAT HEAD COACH SCOTT FROST WILL BE SO GOOD THAT FOUR GAMES INTO OUR NINE GAME CONFERENCE SCHEDULE THE BIG TEN WILL RECOGNIZE THAT HE IS AMAZEBALLS AND WILL AWARD HIM ALL FIRST PLACE POINTS AND AN AUTOMATIC BERTH INTO THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. OUR LAST FEW CONFERENCE GAMES WILL BE FORFEITED SO OUR OPPONENTS DON'T GET HURT AND THEY WILL INSTEAD BE IMPROMPTU PHISH CONCERTS.

What's up with the all caps?   And...I like the Phish concert idea.

I went with year 2.  Frost is legit and will get the team turned around quickly.  People, coaching matters.  That will be painfully obvious already in year 1.  By year 2 it is not unrealistic to think Frost will have the team winning the West.  I don't think we'll be winning the conference for a bit though, the East is pretty tough.  I guess this depends on how Wisconsin is doing 2 years from now, hard to say for sure.  They are really the only competition in the weak West division.

Edited by Frost Advisory
  • Plus1 2
3 hours ago, eoltmer said:

I voted 4+ because of Wisconsin... we have to focus on beating them consistently before we can even sniff the CCG.  

No we don't..? We have to have a better conference record than them just one time (and everyone else), or the same conference record but beat them one time, and we are sniffing the CCG.

10 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Our 2018 schedule is brutal, but the 2019 schedule is pretty favorable....but so is Wisconsin's 2019 schedule.  

That is the first thing I looked at, future schedules.

2018 is brutal (@ Michigan, @ Wisconsin, @ tOSU, MSU, @ Iowa). Frost would do really well to finish 8-4. 

I voted 2 years because the 2019 schedule sets up really well for us (tOSU, Wisconsin, and Iowa all at Memorial Stadium).

That is more favorable than Wisconsin's (Michigan, @ MSU, @ tOSU, Iowa, @ Nebraska). And Iowa's (@ Michigan, PSU, @ Wisconsin, @ Nebraska). 

Before this Riley debacle, 2019 has 9 "should-be wins" (South Alabama, Colorado, NIU, Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, Maryland).

Edited by QMany
11 hours ago, knapplc said:

Go home knapplc, you're drunk.

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

I really like to hope that Scot Frost learned T.O.s method of being "nice" but being tough and demanding at the same time.  I've heard countless stories of players saying that he'd call the into the office and talk about how disappointed he was in their behavior, performance, attitude, leadership or what ever.  They all felt they'd rather take a severe beating than feel they'd disappointed him.  Can't wait to see how it all shakes out these next several years.  And I am sure that Scott Frost, if named head coach, still has a lot of growing to do as well.

I hear you. I actually don't care so much about nice.  I am not saying he should be a flaming rear end about things, but I like he way Saban deals with things.  He has created the Alabama way much like the Patriot way via Bill Belichick, who taught him how.

Take your craft serious, teach the boys life lessons along with football, demand discipline, do charity work for the community, don't embarrass the program or the college, tell the occasional joke, but don't be afraid to answer stupid media questions in a way that makes them know their question was stupid.  I don't want a golly gee approach and know that would not be Frost's style anyway.