Frost Gets Huskers to B1G CCG When?

First Trip to CCG under Frost  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, HuskerPowerVA said:

I hear you. I actually don't care so much about nice.  I am not saying he should be a flaming rear end about things, but I like he way Saban deals with things.  He has created the Alabama way much like the Patriot way via Bill Belichick, who taught him how.

Take your craft serious, teach the boys life lessons along with football, demand discipline, do charity work for the community, don't embarrass the program or the college, tell the occasional joke, but don't be afraid to answer stupid media questions in a way that makes them know their question was stupid.  I don't want a golly gee approach and know that would not be Frost's style anyway. 

Give the kids awesome new cars from your side business, they love that! 

11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Give the kids awesome new cars from your side business, they love that! 

Good point.  But don't throw stones too far.  Our legendary HC allowed Christian Peter and Lawrence Philips to remain on the team despite horrendous actions against women.  That would have never been permitted these days.  

2 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Bo took over a losing team (5-7), and had us in the CCG in year 2, and if it weren't for a kickoff out of bounds, followed by a stupid penalty, and a very questionable second, Bo would have won the CCG against the #3 team in the nation. I think Frost is better than Bo, so there is no reason to expect anything less.

Your analogy works until you realize that Frost will not have a Suh or Amukamara on his 2018 team.  I think frost will be great here, but let's not start off with expectations of immediate dominance.  Frost deserves a little patience IMO and I hope he gets it.

3 hours ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Your analogy works until you realize that Frost will not have a Suh or Amukamara on his 2018 team.  I think frost will be great here, but let's not start off with expectations of immediate dominance.  Frost deserves a little patience IMO and I hope he gets it.

How do you know Frost won't have players like Suh or Amukamara? Suh didn't do much under Billy. How many under-performing players do we have now that will blossom under Frost? I bet there are several. We have seen a couple players get worse under Riley. Frost will get the best out of players.

8 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

How do you know Frost won't have players like Suh or Amukamara? Suh didn't do much under Billy. How many under-performing players do we have now that will blossom under Frost? I bet there are several. We have seen a couple players get worse under Riley. Frost will get the best out of players.

I bet you are right.  We have the players to compete for the West right now.  However, I did choose year three because I don't think we even have the QB on the roster yet that will get us there. 

2 hours ago, junior4949 said:

I bet you are right.  We have the players to compete for the West right now.  However, I did choose year three because I don't think we even have the QB on the roster yet that will get us there. 

I am also concerned about the QB, but their are options, including Juco. I bet the team is playing much better at the end of 2018 than the beginning. I think this is the year we put IOWA back in their natural position in the world.

• Plus1 1
On 11/30/2017 at 10:34 PM, Landlord said:

No we don't..? We have to have a better conference record than them just one time (and everyone else), or the same conference record but beat them one time, and we are sniffing the CCG.

True, I would love sooner but I'm not getting my hopes too high till I see the product on the field. With Frosts track record I will most likely be wrong but I just want stability and consistency.  I wanna see him succeed with multiple recruiting classes.