Reaction to Frost Hire Thread

3 hours ago, zoogs said:

Not to be a grumbler, but I guess I was expecting different from Scott in his introductory presser, his moment of triumph, than throwing shade at an AD that was already fired before he got here and menacing reporters with "I'm gonna lose it on every one of you if you approach my family. It's already happened." And to repeat that warning after the most anodyne of questions (what his mom and dad expressed to him after his game this weekend).

I've been really excited about Frost, but I also had it in my head that he would be much the same paragon of professionalism and kindness to people that Riley was. I suppose we're going to learn a lot about who he is in the coming years. May times always be good.

And I interpreted his answer to the question of had he been contacted when Riley was hired as emotionally honest, he was hurt.   I think he's said this before.  He was a tough player and I think he's going to be a tough coach.  He'll demand respect and be honest in doing it.  I'm pretty impressed.  

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, TheSker said:

Frost's reservations and needed reassurances from Osborne were very legitimate.  A tremendous disservice was done to our football players with the hiring of Mike Riley.

The tweets from the likes of Pierson-El, Armstrong and Turner are sad to see.

One of the biggest reasons I felt Riley had to go was that we weren't providing the best coaching for our players.  A college career is too short to waste.  When these players committed to Nebraska they trusted that we would provide them with a good coach.  We need to repair that trust.

Armstrong probably would have done well in Frost's offense.  Milton is a more accurate thrower but Armstrong's running ability would make up for it.

OK  I went on record immediately after the Riley hire to say I thought it was not good.  It didn't feel right. 

Going on record now to say this is absolutely the best hire of the last 44 years for Nebraska.  This is a great thing. 

The real news for the big 14,  is not getting shafted out of a 4 team playoff.  

The real news was that little tremor out in Lincoln.  Oh no, it wasn't a tectonic shift.  It was that little hiccup of lava that quietly preceeds the EXPLOSION.  And the next thing you know, you are buried under 12 feet of black(shirt ) ash.  

The sleeping giant is now AWAKE!

If I were Wisconsin I WOULD BE VERY AFRAID

• Plus1 4
16 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

OK  I went on record immediately after the Riley hire to say I thought it was not good.  It didn't feel right. 

Going on record now to say this is absolutely the best hire of the last 44 years for Nebraska.  This is a great thing. 

The real news for the big 14,  is not getting shafted out of a 4 team playoff.  

The real news was that little tremor out in Lincoln.  Oh no, it wasn't a tectonic shift.  It was that little hiccup of lava that quietly preceeds the EXPLOSION.  And the next thing you know, you are buried under 12 feet of black(shirt ) ash.  

The sleeping giant is now AWAKE!

If I were Wisconsin I WOULD BE VERY AFRAID

tumblr_n2e6pmoBKX1qhwnvoo1_500.png

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, zoogs said:

Not to be a grumbler, but I guess I was expecting different from Scott in his introductory presser, his moment of triumph, than throwing shade at an AD that was already fired before he got here and menacing reporters with "I'm gonna lose it on every one of you if you approach my family. It's already happened." And to repeat that warning after the most anodyne of questions (what his mom and dad expressed to him after his game this weekend).

I've been really excited about Frost, but I also had it in my head that he would be much the same paragon of professionalism and kindness to people that Riley was. I suppose we're going to learn a lot about who he is in the coming years. May times always be good.

Can we please stop talking about Riley now?  Dude is gone.  He took the program to new lows and frankly I'm sick of people defending the guy.  Let's move on.

• Plus1 4

7 hours ago, zoogs said:

GRUMBLER, GRUMBLER!!!  lol.  I think he may have been a little gruff just from being so spent, both physically and emotionally.  He could have phrased it better, but I like the notion of setting boundaries....early.

• Plus1 2
16 hours ago, zoogs said:

I didn't know what to expect. I walked away being incredibly pleased simply because yesterday was all about culture and finding a way to make this work within the Nebraska mold. I also didn't interpret the comment about three years ago as him looking for a chance to get in a dig in on Eichorst. I think he was simply being honest by saying 'look, this university wasn't in a good place three years ago and I don't think I would've wanted to be a part of it then.' That said, I believe part of him is irritated that he didn't even get the chance to say no because of his passion and love for this state.

I'm torn on the stab at the media. Part of me thinks it was warranted and the other part of me feels it was superfluous. I only recall one media outlet appearing to be like vultures and go after his mom for an interview during the process. I believe it was WOWT. Most everyone else seemed to have the wherewithal to leave them be or just not report that they had contacted them to such grandeur levels. But, WOWT put Scott in a tough spot and I don't blame him for trying to curb that mentality early just in case anyone else got a similar idea.

• Plus1 2