Reaction to Frost Hire Thread

If any of the players are reading this:

To all the underclassmen recruits and walk-ons:

I know you are too young to remember the 97 team or any of the magical 70's 80's and 90's seasons.  You don't remember the rush of 12-0 seasons, the Glory. The Excitement that comes with the National Championship.

Your new coach and his teammates epitomized Championship Football.  On the field he was as hard nosed and dedicated as any player.  He fought through adversity, and in the end, powered his team through the best teams in the entire nation, to claim a #1 ranking and a National Championship.  It happened right here at Nebraska, right there on your field.

And he will take you there!

ALL of us who lived through that know it.  

We saw it happen.  

All you have to do is believe.  Believe in yourself.  Believe in your team.  Believe in your Coach!

weinie boys like dirk and barf s,am etc are crapping their pants because unlike Riley, Frost doesn't suffer fools- most of the media and their jobs revolve around insecurity in their lack of sufficient manhood and having access to the babbling's of an old man, paired with a failing newspapers desire to cause a story rather than "report" a story.

Notice he called Sipple sip? he already has favorites that is clear- a great hire, a winner in his ways, smart -funny-witty-honest- integrity- all words that "fit" him.

I will miss the Rileyisms and diaco-speak as a source of humor you know everything is going well.....except for the games- can you see the strain? great fun

• Plus1 1

On 12/3/2017 at 9:48 PM, dvdcrr said:

OK  I went on record immediately after the Riley hire to say I thought it was not good.  It didn't feel right. 

Going on record now to say this is absolutely the best hire of the last 44 years for Nebraska.  This is a great thing. 

The real news for the big 14,  is not getting shafted out of a 4 team playoff.  

The real news was that little tremor out in Lincoln.  Oh no, it wasn't a tectonic shift.  It was that little hiccup of lava that quietly preceeds the EXPLOSION.  And the next thing you know, you are buried under 12 feet of black(shirt ) ash.  

The sleeping giant is now AWAKE!

If I were Wisconsin I WOULD BE VERY AFRAID

If I were at Iowa, NW, Minny, Illinois or Purdue, I would have mixed feelings. On one hand, I get my head kicked in by the Huskers every year, but on the other hand, I get more money because the ratings for all the Husker games will be sky high :D

On December 4, 2017 at 11:33 AM, It'sNotAFakeID said:

Part of what I think has divided the fan base has been whenever talk revolves around a previous coach or previous administration. I don't think that conversation is unhealthy, but it reaches a point where maybe we become too attached to a person to acknowledge their very real shortcomings. It's okay to admit that the previous administration, from front office leadership to coaching personnel was far from ideal, and the results on the field showed it. All I think Frost was alluding to was that culture and he was doing it in a very respectful manner. We know so little about the inner workings of the athletic program that all we can speculate on is what we see on the field and by what we read from trusted people. If Tom Osborne didn't think the culture and time was right for Frost to take a leadership role, then I trust his instincts that something wasn't right in the organization. 

Also, we don't need to sensationalize anyone's thoughts about former coaches  ("your BFF Riley"). 

The "jab" at the media wasn't a jab at all as much as it was Frost just laying some ground rules for how this is going to work. Why does the media have to contact his parents, his family, without his permission. I think Scott is a reserved individual and, despite having the highest profile job in the state, he wants to be able to get away from it when he can. That's a good thing, and the press should respect his wishes. 

I thought his request to the media was more of an expression of his boundaries where his family is concerned. He was firm in his request and that's ok. We're all protective of our families. 

• 3 weeks later...

My reaction is that Urban better be prepared to take what he is owed.  What goes around comes around...and I only hope on this beautiful day Frost isn’t satisfied and pushes the pedal below the floor.

embarrasment doesn’t scratch the surface of what is owed to Urban.

Edited by 614Husker