Give credit to Moos

Dagerow

32 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Word is Moos had to convince Frost that THIS regime had their s*** together,  Scott would have told Eichorst to kick-sand. I doubt SE could have landed Moos's two quality back-up options in Fuente and Mullin either. Props to the powers-that-be on bringing Moos in. 

It would not have been Moos who had to convince Frost regarding the administration.

That conversation would have been between Frost and Osborne.

6 hours ago, Big Red Commie said:

I like Billwinkle so far, he has followed thru w phase 1 of his job:  sending Riley and Fiasco packin`

Just has to complete phase 2-today most likely-hiring Frosty, and he can put himself on cruise control, disappear, whatev, dont even need to hear from him again.

BTW, Mike Leach says Moosy is THE BEST AD in the country and I respect Leach`s opinion.

+1 for Billwinkle

6 hours ago, TheSker said:

It would not have been Moos who had to convince Frost regarding the administration.

That conversation would have been between Frost and Osborne.

I was including Moos as part of the regime and while the TO seal of approval was obviously necessary if Frost had doubts then Moos was still going to have to give the right answers when they interacted. 

Edited by Danimal

30 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

With a choice and target so clear, many ADs would have said too much, too little, or tried to get too creative. Moos was a total pro through this whole thing.

Say what you will, but Nebraska got their #1 choices in their past two coaching searches.

Maybe in the last three? Certainly not going back four searches though.

Yeah, so far Moos seems really great, and has been doing things the right way, but let's be real: the decision of who to hire was practically made for him. I mean, can you imagine the lynch mob that would've formed if he hadn't hired Frost?

Bounds and Green should get the most credit for laying the groundwork in September.  They decided enough was enough and took action immediately to get the cancer out of the program.  They even explicitly mentioned the 90's right after the Eichorst firing.  Those guys mean business and I believe Nebraska will get back to the top with them around.  They had a plan and executed it perfectly with a no nonsense approach that a program like this truly deserves.