Give credit to Moos

Dagerow

2 hours ago, Frost Advisory said:

Bounds and Green should get the most credit for laying the groundwork in September.  They decided enough was enough and took action immediately to get the cancer out of the program.  They even explicitly mentioned the 90's right after the Eichorst firing.  Those guys mean business and I believe Nebraska will get back to the top with them around.  They had a plan and executed it perfectly with a no nonsense approach that a program like this truly deserves.

Thanks to Lee throwing 2 Pick 6’s and Riley not being able to motivate the team to beat NIU. That started the whole snow ball rolling with Eichorst’s firing a few days later. Hip hip....

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, gorp512 said:

With a choice and target so clear, many ADs would have said too much, too little, or tried to get too creative. Moos was a total pro through this whole thing.

Say what you will, but Nebraska got their #1 choices in their past two coaching searches.

I know what SE said, but I doubt Riley was his first choice. If so, how sad is that he thought Riley was the best choice. 

He handled this whole thing with upmost professionalism and class, and continues to do so with the reports that he is allowing Frost coach in the bowl game if he chooses to do so. Really, everyone within this past month associated with NU has handled these events with class and professionalism. From Riley himself and the dismissal, to the coaching search, to Frost's comments immediately following the UCF win. And in the wake of the disaster that was Florida and is Tennessee, this is so refreshing and exciting.

Couldn't be happier or prouder of this program.

• Plus1 1

Hats off to Moos for being so calm in the middle of a s*&t storm here at Nebraska. He chose to lead this program in a reassuring, calm, and decisive manner and we, for once, got our #1 target for head coach here and Nebraska. We came out of this entire situation making the best coaching hire next to UCLA with Chip Kelly. Chip is a good coach, but Frost was the coach we wanted/needed here at Nebraska. There was no drama, no real leaks, what a fantastic coaching search process. I'm not afraid to admit that a tear formed in the corner of my eye when it became official. I could finally relax and know our beloved Huskers are in very great and capable hands now. Fantastic job Moos, you just possibly made yourself a legend at Nebraska if this turns out the way we all think it will.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Hats off to Moos for being so calm in the middle of a s*&t storm here at Nebraska. He chose to lead this program in a reassuring, calm, and decisive manner and we, for once, got our #1 target for head coach here and Nebraska. We came out of this entire situation making the best coaching hire next to UCLA with Chip Kelly. Chip is a good coach, but Frost was the coach we wanted/needed here at Nebraska. There was no drama, no real leaks, what a fantastic coaching search process. I'm not afraid to admit that a tear formed in the corner of my eye when it became official. I could finally relax and know our beloved Huskers are in very great and capable hands now. Fantastic job Moos, you just possibly made yourself a legend at Nebraska if this turns out the way we all think it will.  

Agree on all this,  plus the university finally opened the checkbook and payed out the coin to get this done. Well played Mr. Moos.

19 hours ago, Danimal said:

Word is Moos had to convince Frost that THIS regime had their s*** together,  Scott would have told Eichorst to kick-sand. I doubt SE could have landed Moos's two quality back-up options in Fuente and Mullin either. Props to the powers-that-be on bringing Moos in. 

SE would have gone and hired Butch after TN let him go.  That guy was 2 titties on a bull useless.