QB Adrian Martinez [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I just hope and pray that, if we get him, he is an accurate passer that makes good decisions.  He obviously has wheels.  I'm a little gun shy of guys who run fast but can't complete a pass or make good decisions.

From my amateur QB coach view of his film, he's pretty patient in the pocket. Keeps his eyes downfield. Throws guys open. Honestly, the speedy wheels feel like a bonus to his passing game. That could just be the #FrostEffect on me though

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

According to MaxPreps, he was a 60% passer as a junior.  I don't know what kind of passes were being thrown or what kind of competition was being faced but that's not too shabby.  Also rushed for 1462 yards in 12 games.

His Junior highlights had a lot of down field passes of more than 20 yards.  He must have had some speedy receivers because several times I wondered who he was throwing to then a receiver would blow by the DB and catch it on the fly.

• Mavric changed the title to QB Adrian Martinez [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic