QB Adrian Martinez [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

He is a pocket passing QB who is slightly athletic running the ball.  He has zero experience in an offense like Frost's.  He also is a twig and will most likely snap in half should he get drilled while running.

You need a running QB in this offense to be an actual home run threat... Someone who can take it to the house each time.  If not, no respect will be given and the defense can count on the QB not being a threat.

He's currently bigger than the QB that ran Frost's offense this past season. I realize this has been pointed out to you, but the point still stand. 

If Gebbia is the starter this season, he will be fine. Frost will tailor the offense to suit his strengths. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

Funny how everyone is saying that a QB who played and was recruited for a different scheme is suddenly ok to run (and some even infer, will succeed greatly) one he never has before and he's suddenly going to be able to be a run threat (not a scramble threat).

Seems to me you guys might be ignoring a few things.

Also I'm not saying Gebbia can't put on weight... I only have one data point to reference for his weight.

Maybe you should just see how Frost incorporates things before assuming Gebbia or POB can't do anything.  

• Plus1 5

14 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Funny how everyone is saying that a QB who played and was recruited for a different scheme is suddenly ok to run (and some even infer, will succeed greatly) one he never has before and he's suddenly going to be able to be a run threat (not a scramble threat).

Seems to me you guys might be ignoring a few things.

Also I'm not saying Gebbia can't put on weight... I only have one data point to reference for his weight.

Milton ran just shy of 8 carries a game.. for all those mathamajicians out there that's 2 carries a quarter.  Not saying you but to me that doesn't scream Frost's offense needs a running qb. I'm old and slow and I think I could handle running the ball 2 times a quarter especially when the defense is all running the opposite direction because of how plays are run.  

Edited by MyBloodIsRed16
  • Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Got it...4 inches shorter and within 10lbs.

Would you rather have a 5'11" 200 lb running back... Or a 6'3 208lb one?

Which one of those would be better running in the big ten?

To me, Gebbia is not ideal in Frosts system and he's not built for running.

Gebbia is being moved to RB? When was this announced, devnet?

• Plus1 4

6 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Your post makes no sense and brings nothing to the discussion.  Also, you mean it as a dig at me...which is pretty lame.

You used Milton's height/weight and compared it to Gebbia's height/weight and said what is ideal for a RB? What am i missing? Neither of those two are RBs. So why the hell does it matter, devnet. Just admit you dont know what youre talking about when it comes to Frosts offense. 

Edited by Frott Scost
  • Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Milton had one rush this year longer than 25 yards.  He went 12-0, won the conference and finished 8th in the Heisman voting in directing the #1 offense in the country.

I think you are completely making this up.

I forget which game that was but I remember thinking Milton wasn't very fast and Gebbia could make that run. I think what Gebbia might lack compared to Milton is a quick burst to get going and cutting ability on those 3-10 yard runs.  Milton had a TD run against USF where he froze a defender and cut inside. I don't know if Gebbia has that and the extra 4 inches makes it more difficult. Should be an interesting spring game.

4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I forget which game that was but I remember thinking Milton wasn't very fast and Gebbia could make that run. I think what Gebbia might lack compared to Milton is a quick burst to get going and cutting ability on those 3-10 yard runs.  Milton had a TD run against USF where he froze a defender and cut inside. I don't know if Gebbia has that and the extra 4 inches makes it more difficult. Should be an interesting spring game.

I may be thinking of a different play.  Wasn't the defender froze more by a fake pitch than a sharp cut?

• Mavric changed the title to QB Adrian Martinez [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic