QB Adrian Martinez [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

2 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Sounds like he might not make decision until after that all star bowl.  Hopefully, another team doesn't swoop in at the last minute.

And what all-star bowl is he playing in? Maybe I missed it, but I can't see a kid who missed his whole SR season with injury playing in an all-star game. 

11 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

If he still plans on enrolling early he will have to decide this week iirc

He wouldn't necessarily have to because he can enroll without signing a LOI so he'd just have to decide by the enrollment deadline of his chosen school which is usually a week or so after classes start.

Journalstar:  The Martinezes met with ElAttrache in November before Adrian’s Nov. 11 official visit to Ohio State and the doctor gave a positive update. Now, Adrian is planning on playing in Jan. 4’s Under Armor All-American Bowl in Orlando.

“He’s hungry, he’s starving to play and he’s so excited to play against guys like Justin Fields and all of these guys,” Tony Martinez said, referring to the Kennesaw, Georgia, native ranked by 247Sports as the No. 2 overall prospect and top senior quarterback in the nation. “He wants to showcase himself and compare himself."

Once that game’s over, the plan is to travel directly to college — Knoxville or Lincoln? Time will tell. Members of the new Volunteers coaching staff are set to visit Fresno early this week. The impression left by new coaches at Nebraska was clearly a strong one.

Edited by Packerhuskerfan
  • Plus1 6
27 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Journalstar:  The Martinezes met with ElAttrache in November before Adrian’s Nov. 11 official visit to Ohio State and the doctor gave a positive update. Now, Adrian is planning on playing in Jan. 4’s Under Armor All-American Bowl in Orlando.

“He’s hungry, he’s starving to play and he’s so excited to play against guys like Justin Fields and all of these guys,” Tony Martinez said, referring to the Kennesaw, Georgia, native ranked by 247Sports as the No. 2 overall prospect and top senior quarterback in the nation. “He wants to showcase himself and compare himself."

Once that game’s over, the plan is to travel directly to college — Knoxville or Lincoln? Time will tell. Members of the new Volunteers coaching staff are set to visit Fresno early this week. The impression left by new coaches at Nebraska was clearly a strong one.

Thanks for the update, hadn't read that.  Good to see doctors consider him that ready. +1

41 minutes ago, Chadhusker said:

If he picks nebraska does he start next year ? Looks pretty fast to me and that could be something frost would like . 

21 hours ago, Chadhusker said:

I think if frost gets martinez he will be the starter . Frost ain't scared to play true freshman. 

21 hours ago, Chadhusker said:

Martinez has the talent to start right away I think 

On 12/10/2017 at 2:14 PM, Chadhusker said:

Would he be the starter next year if he comes here ? I think he would give frost the best chance to win. He would light up the score board in frost's offense. 

• Plus1 7
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Adrian Martinez [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric pinned this topic