LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jean-Baptiste commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:30 PM

If JJB is having a hard time choosing Nebraska, he must not know what he is looking for. He is responsible for narrowing his focus on certain universities, and if he cannot commit to any of them, its on him. If he is not blown away by Nebraska or tOSU, then A&M will be no different. He can't stay home either (if he wants to win). His recruiting situation is stranger than Maurice's. 

Edited by Vince R.

The Urban Dictionary contains this definition for Black Flag that may be his message:

An expression typically to describe the waving a hand gun before its amunition is discharged. 

Metaphorically, right now JJB is "keeping his powder dry" but he will discharge his "ammunition" when he announces his decision. For now, all he can do is wave that black flag in anticipation of that moment. That interpretation would also go well with the words of his post. Or I could just be under the influence of a university English teacher (my wife). :D

Edited by Enhance
Please be mindful of the language you use on this forum. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Vince R. said:

If JJB is having a hard time choosing Nebraska, he must not know what he is looking for. He is responsible for narrowing his focus on certain universities, and if he cannot commit to any of them, its on him. If he is not blown away by Nebraska or tOSU, then A&M will be no different. He can't stay home either (if he wants to win). His recruiting situation is stranger than Maurice's. 

Cut the kid some slack.  I had no idea about life or what I wanted to do with my future when I was 17/18.  And, the number of choices available to him increased immensely since December 20, 2017. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, yort2000 said:

Cut the kid some slack.  I had no idea about life or what I wanted to do with my future when I was 17/18.  And, the number of choices available to him increased immensely since December 20, 2017. 

I’m not saying that. He’s been recruited for multiple years. He’s seen some of the best universities in the country. If he wants to play football, he is obligated to decide. If relationships matter so much, then visiting a new offer with less than a week left, is not going to help him. 

10 hours ago, Vince R. said:

I’m not saying that. He’s been recruited for multiple years. He’s seen some of the best universities in the country. If he wants to play football, he is obligated to decide. If relationships matter so much, then visiting a new offer with less than a week left, is not going to help him. 

He's not obligated to do anything.  

You still don't get it:

Official Visits:

BC  12/9/17

VT  12/15/17

tNU  1/12/18

tOSU 1/19/18

TA&M 2/2/18

Not a lot of time there to ponder the biggest decision of your life up to this point. Huh?

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, yort2000 said:

You still don't get it:

Official Visits:

BC  12/9/17

VT  12/15/17

tNU  1/12/18

tOSU 1/19/18

TA&M 2/2/18

Not a lot of time there to ponder the biggest decision of your life up to this point. Huh?

You make a great point

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, yort2000 said:

You still don't get it:

Official Visits:

BC  12/9/17

VT  12/15/17

tNU  1/12/18

tOSU 1/19/18

TA&M 2/2/18

He's had at least two weeks to evaluate every school he's visited aside from A&M.... That's enough time, that I'm sure he has an idea of which school he'd prefer to attend. Now, maybe Ohio St hasn't let him know if they're going to have room/want him. But, I doubt he doesn't have a preferred destination at this point.

And I'm not suggesting that he be pressured to make a decision. He can announce it whenever he wants. It's his deal. 

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 1
15 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

True, but insiders from the other schools seem similarly confident. They all have frequent visitors, as well. This kid is tough to read. I'm picking A&M to land him last-minute.

Relax. Take a deep breathe. Have faith.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]