LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jean-Baptiste commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:30 PM

23 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Jan 10th

Jan 25th

Feb 1st

Feb 6th

All hail Wiltfong, he's right no matter what!

For the record, I have 100% accuracy on all my CBs.  I'll post them all on Thursday.

Someone changing their pick to correspond with the kid changing his mind, how outrageous. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Ummm... Can't these recruiting experts just admit that with some recruits, case in point JJB, they have absolutely no clue what is going to happen... 

Kind of like Nikko Hall, Colo St!? 

If Wilt is flip flopping all over the place the past month then I'm pretty sure he's just making an educated guess that we're out only because he hasn't committed to N yet.

Brian Dohn is an analyst in the NE who has been very tied to this recruitment and even he has been all over the board with reports. If a kid is feeling/giving mixed signals, you're going to get mixed/changing reports.

1 minute ago, Warrior10 said:

Brian Dohn is an analyst in the NE who has been very tied to this recruitment and even he has been all over the board with reports. If a kid is feeling/giving mixed signals, you're going to get mixed/changing reports.

Yeah, I agree. I just think it's funny that we all (fans and other recruiting analysts) see a Wilt CB change and immediately change CB picks based upon him. I get he's doing his job and trying to accurately guess where these kids are going to play college ball but in the cases of Nikko, JJB and some others, these recruiting experts have no better clue than you or I. I really think that this kid doesn't know and I think whoever gets the last in home with him or gets into his ear last will end up closing the deal.. Sure hope Frost shows up on NSD at his school (if that's even allowed) 

2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Mixed bag.

People want to know what is happening, so these guys put out a CB.. Then they get different information and change it and then change again.

Its the negative side to the CB.

I can safely assume JJB doesnt know for sure what he wants and I would assume he has changed his own Crystal Ball prediction a few times. And wouldnt be shocked to see it change again before tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Someone changing their pick to correspond with the kid changing his mind, how outrageous. 

Well...the thing about a prediction...is that it's pretty meaningless if you're allowed to change it fluidly right up until the end.

I don't follow recruiting....but if I had a friend who kept telling me 'my crystal ball says Patriots win the game'.  After halftime changes it to the Eagles....then changes it back to the Patriots....then the Eagles again with 2 minutes to go in the game.   Yeah he was right....but I don't think I'm going to take him very seriously from that point on.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Throw Dem Bones said:

Yeah, I agree. I just think it's funny that we all (fans and other recruiting analysts) see a Wilt CB change and immediately change CB picks based upon him. I get he's doing his job and trying to accurately guess where these kids are going to play college ball but in the cases of Nikko, JJB and some others, these recruiting experts have no better clue than you or I. I really think that this kid doesn't know and I think whoever gets the last in home with him or gets into his ear last will end up closing the deal.. Sure hope Frost shows up on NSD at his school (if that's even allowed

Not allowed - it's the dead period, which means phone and social media contact basically.

Wiltfong had always maintained that Ohio State didn’t have enough room for JJB, which is a major reason he had him coming here. If a spot opened up, it stands to reason that Wiltfong would flip his pick. I get what you are saying, but recruiting is so fluid. And it’s not just recruits (and their families) who change their minds, coaching staffs do as well.

3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Mixed bag.

People want to know what is happening, so these guys put out a CB.. Then they get different information and change it and then change again.

I can safely assume JJB doesnt know for sure what he wants and I would assume he has changed his own Crystal Ball prediction a few times. And wouldnt be shocked to see it change again before tomorrow.

I think that's fair, I suppose.   Ideally he shouldn't be making any 'CB' crap until the day before.

However, people on this very board ran to the defense of the mighty Wiltfong CB a few days ago when Knappic dared to call it into question.  'Wiltfong makes these predictions 5 months in advance sometimes, and he's usually right!'  

Well, I think we see why now.  His early predictions are probably not worth much.  But he has some info, and he's allowed claim victory because the final answer is the only one that matters, I guess.

I think I've learned that the prediction means almost nothing until right at the end....and because we're all about to find out anyways...it doesn't sell many subscriptions.

12 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Mixed bag.

I agree with this. They are simply making a prediction as of a certain time on a upcoming decision with a lot of variables. It isn't perfect, but I find it useful and intriguing. 

5 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Wiltfong had always maintained that Ohio State didn’t have enough room for JJB, which is a major reason he had him coming here. If a spot opened up, it stands to reason that Wiltfong would flip his pick. I get what you are saying, but recruiting is so fluid. And it’s not just recruits (and their families) who change their minds, coaching staffs do as well.

I don't think so. IIRC, when we were in the lead Wiltfong was constantly saying OhioSt wanted/wants this kid and don't let anyone tell you different. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I agree with this. They are simply making a prediction as of a certain time on a upcoming decision with a lot of variables. It isn't perfect, but I find it useful and intriguing. 

I know I am fine with guys changing their CB prediction. I would venture to say most people on this board are as well. But I think any time they change their crystal ball it should count as 1 prediction they got wrong as a penalty. Because it seems false to look at him and say wow he gets 91% right. So 3 months out he puts in a prediction and people who dont follow recruiting closely could be fooled to thinking wow its a lock. I think that is what the real argument is- not that Wilt is never wrong and kids should never change their mind. Most I think are attacking the fallacy of his 91%. 

15 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I think that's fair, I suppose.   Ideally he shouldn't be making any 'CB' crap until the day before.

However, people on this very board ran to the defense of the mighty Wiltfong CB a few days ago when Knappic dared to call it into question.  'Wiltfong makes these predictions 5 months in advance sometimes, and he's usually right!'  

Well, I think we see why now.  His early predictions are probably not worth much.  But he has some info, and he's allowed claim victory because the final answer is the only one that matters, I guess.

I think I've learned that the prediction means almost nothing until right at the end....and because we're all about to find out anyways...it doesn't sell many subscriptions.

You don't understand the 247 crystal ball rankings. Each writer in the 247 database is ranked overall by a scoring method. Accuracy is the #1 key, however the order at which you put the CB in is taken into account. 

Edit: I do think there are negative points factored in for incorrect answers, switching, etc... but I can't find a list of rules.

None of the writers are perfect, but some are pretty damn good. 

Edited by Warrior10
  • Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]