LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jean-Baptiste commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:30 PM

19 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I think that's fair, I suppose.   Ideally he shouldn't be making any 'CB' crap until the day before.

However, people on this very board ran to the defense of the mighty Wiltfong CB a few days ago when Knappic dared to call it into question.  'Wiltfong makes these predictions 5 months in advance sometimes, and he's usually right!'  

Well, I think we see why now.  His early predictions are probably not worth much.  But he has some info, and he's allowed claim victory because the final answer is the only one that matters, I guess.

I think I've learned that the prediction means almost nothing until right at the end....and because we're all about to find out anyways...it doesn't sell many subscriptions.

One counter-example doesn't mean all the other examples are invalid.

4 minutes ago, Roll Skers said:

Ohio State is starting to full court press with their top guy leaning towards Kentucky, we need their top target to go to OSU over UK

Probably a long shot considering he cancelled his visit this past weekend.  Not saying we can't still get JJB, but if we do it won't be because the Treenuts are full.

11 minutes ago, Roll Skers said:

Ohio State is starting to full court press with their top guy leaning towards Kentucky, we need their top target to go to OSU over UK

I don't think Oats was ever an option at tOSU (academics).  I think they were holding out for two Offensive Tackles higher on their board Rasheed Walker and Petit-Frere.  I think the JJB to tOSU smoke coming out now is because they missed out on one or both of those guys.  tOSU may only have 1 or 2 spots open for this class.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

Wiltfong had always maintained that Ohio State didn’t have enough room for JJB, which is a major reason he had him coming here. If a spot opened up, it stands to reason that Wiltfong would flip his pick. I get what you are saying, but recruiting is so fluid. And it’s not just recruits (and their families) who change their minds, coaching staffs do as well.

Nah Wilt was saying Nebraska had beat out OSU.

51 minutes ago, Mavric said:

One counter-example doesn't mean all the other examples are invalid.

The example of him being wrong isn't the point.  The point is that this whole racket is skewed and misleading.

If JBB ends up at OSU, I'm bettin that Wiltfong chalks that up as a 'correct' prediction.

By my count, he has had 3 or 4 CB predictions for JBB throughout the process....and some of them are wrong.

• Mavric changed the title to LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]