LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jean-Baptiste commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:30 PM

27 minutes ago, RedRedJarvisRedwine said:

This sounds made up 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I mean...if you are predicting something...and then you get information that changes things...of course you are going to change your prediction.

If a guy predicts that John Watson is going to Clemson and Dabo Sweeney dies in a space shuttle mishap...and that makes John Watson not want to attend Clemson...why wouldn't the prediction change?

RIP DABO.

Clemson sucks, who can we steal?

• Plus1 5

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

That is your perception of it.  Which is fine.  But that doesn't mean it's the only way to look at it.

He - and a bunch of others - make a prediction before an announcement is made and then see if that prediction is correct or not.  The rules could be changed to say they couldn't change a prediction but that's not how the rules are set up now.  They don't always know when a kid is going to announce.  Kids change their minds.  It really doesn't make much sense to prevent them from changing their picks.  You can look at it as gaming the system.  To me, it shows that they are actually really in tune with what the kids are thinking at a particular time but the kids thinking - and thus their pick - may change.

Their predictions - though sometimes changing - end up being correct the vast majority of the time.  

So let's compare it to a sport...

I predicted the Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl. With 2 minutes left, Tom Brady fumbled the football and I changed my prediction to the Eagles. Was I right or wrong?

8 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I predicted the Patriots were going to win the Super Bowl. With 2 minutes left, Tom Brady fumbled the football and I changed my prediction to the Eagles. Was I right or wrong?

You were right...

But...did you bet on it?  Because if your bookie let you change your bet can I please get his number?

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

You were right.  But that's not anywhere near the same thing.

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

Apples and Oranges.

Kids can commit at any time therefore getting a guess in way before signing day still makes sense.

That being said, at the beginning of the season i made my Superbowl predictions. Mid way through i made my predictions. Start of the playoffs i made my predictions and before the game started i made a prediction.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

You were right...

But...did you bet on it?  Because if your bookie let you change your bet can I please get his number?

Did you just assume the bookie's gender? TRIGGERED! Wait, this isn't the P&R forum. Never mind. 

Back on topic. I sure do hope we get this kid that is the most athletically gifted pass rusher we've had on campus since Randy Gregory. Hyperbole much...sheesh.

Edited by Mike Mcdee
  • Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]