LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jean-Baptiste commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:30 PM

52 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

We'll look forward to seeing him as a transfer once Schiano leaves next year.

Sorry, we're full. 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I don't get the rampant hate for Urb I see over and over on here.  Dude is a great recruiter and a great coach.

And an a-hole. 

Edited by Cdog923
  • Plus1 1

Saying Urban Meyer has under-performed at a school like OSU is a little silly IMO.  Comparing recruiting rankings with final standings becomes far less accurate as you get to the top teams.  Mainly because it is d@mn hard to consistently finish in the top 5, regardless of talent level.

It's a hell of a lot easier to over-perform your talent when you average in the 40's or 50's, like Riley did at the other OSU.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So what?  Many great coaches are self absorbed a-holes, including the current best in the NFL and CFB.  Being an a-hole doesn't make him any less of a coach.

All of those platitudes don't change my opinion of him. I certainly wouldn't send my kid to play for him. 

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So what?  Many great coaches are self absorbed a-holes, including the current best in the NFL and CFB.  Being an a-hole doesn't make him any less of a coach.

From a pure football perspective, I agree.  However, coaching is far more than that.  I like Nebraska's staff and that they seem to genuinely care about the players.  A lot of college players aren't destined for the NFL, and I want to see these guys succeed in life after college as well.

5 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Saying Urban Meyer has under-performed at a school like OSU is a little silly IMO.  Comparing recruiting rankings with final standings becomes far less accurate as you get to the top teams.  Mainly because it is d@mn hard to consistently finish in the top 5, regardless of talent level.

It's a hell of a lot easier to over-perform your talent when you average in the 40's or 50's, like Riley did at the other OSU.

So, tOSU has recruited right along with Bama. Compare them. How can Urb even be compared to Saban?

1 minute ago, C N Red said:

So, tOSU has recruited right along with Bama. Compare them. How can Urb even be compared to Saban?

Saban at Alabama has had the most talent of any team in America on its roster, and its not even close.  In order for Saban to perform up to the same standard, he would have to win every single national championship over a ten-year span.  He has done very well, but technically you would have to say he has under-performed his team's talent.  That's my point.  After you get above a certain rank, the talent level means less as you compare it to on-field ranking just because the difficulty level of being undefeated is too d@mn high.

Besides, who ever claimed Urb was better than Saban?  Nobody, that's who.  Straw-man argument.  They are both in the top-5 for active coaches IMO.  I think the argument you were making was that Urb's coaching was sub-standard.  So compare him with a coach on the level of sub-standards you are referring to.

20 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Saban at Alabama has had the most talent of any team in America on its roster, and its not even close.  In order for Saban to perform up to the same standard, he would have to win every single national championship over a ten-year span.  He has done very well, but technically you would have to say he has under-performed his team's talent.  That's my point.  After you get above a certain rank, the talent level means less as you compare it to on-field ranking just because the difficulty level of being undefeated is too d@mn high.

Besides, who ever claimed Urb was better than Saban?  Nobody, that's who.  Straw-man argument.  They are both in the top-5 for active coaches IMO.  I think the argument you were making was that Urb's coaching was sub-standard.  So compare him with a coach on the level of sub-standards you are referring to.

I'm comparing him to coaches that people are saying he is as good as. Not sure what you want. If hes a top 5 coach then i'll compare him to those coaches.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I think the whole deal about going pro if you choose a certain school is over played. Either your good enough to go pro or your not. Most of the kids ohio state recruits are top notch players. Bosa did not go pro because ohio state made it happen. That dude was a stud and was going pro anywhere he went.

Yeah it was a good thing Walter Payton and Jerry Rice went to OSU and Alabama otherwise they wouldn't have played in the nfl....oh wait