LB Javontae Jean-Baptiste [Ohio State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

102 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jean-Baptiste commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 01:30 PM

42 minutes ago, C N Red said:

I'm comparing him to coaches that people are saying he is as good as. Not sure what you want. If hes a top 5 coach then i'll compare him to those coaches.

Well, there are a lot of ways to compare how "good" a coach is.  Here's one way:

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/WinningestActiveCoachesIA.htm

Urban is #1 among active coaches in career win-loss record (coaches that have coached for more than one year)

1) 84.7% Urban Meyer

2) 82.5% Chris Petersen

3) 80.4% Lance Leipold

4) 79.4% Jimbo Fisher

5) 78.1% Nick Saban

Urban is #1 among active coaches in current school win-loss record (coaches that have coached there for more than one year)

1) 89.5% Urban Meyer (6 years)

2) 87.0% Nick Saban (11 years)

3) 83.3% Paul Chryst (3 years)

4) 81.0% Mark Richt (2 years)

5) 79.4% Jimbo Fisher (8 years)

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Well, there are a lot of ways to compare how "good" a coach is.  Here's one way:

Urban is #1 among active coaches in career win-loss record (coaches that have coached for more than one year)

1) 84.7% Urban Meyer

2) 82.5% Chris Petersen

3) 80.4% Lance Leipold

4) 79.4% Jimbo Fisher

5) 78.1% Nick Saban

Urban is #1 among active coaches in current school win-loss record (coaches that have coached there for more than one year)

Well ain't that just dandy.

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

1) 84.7% Urban Meyer

2) 82.5% Chris Petersen

3) 80.4% Lance Leipold

4) 79.4% Jimbo Fisher

5) 78.1% Nick Saban

Winning is a good factor to use in how good a coach is, but it's not the end all be all. You don't have to agree with me. I really don't care. But from watching him coach I feel like he's underperformed at tOSU. If W-L was the end all be all then tOSU fans wouldn't be hating on him so much.

I look at like this, that after Tannor committed that threw a wrench in what would appear to be guaranteed playing time, pair that with the timing of the Schiano announcement and it was over. As far as Frost being pissed I don’t blame him, because he sees through the garbage. If anyone thinks Schiano will be there for any longer than another 10-12 months is blind, he’d have been gone 2 months ago had Tenn not freaked out, so he wants out. Pair all that with the hiring of Grinch, who was hired as a DC, the signs are all right there.

Edited by bisonwiches

With the prior regimes, I used to get upset when a blue chip prospect spurned us in the end. The reason being that I felt the prior staffs needed recruiting victories to sell hope. They needed February to make you forget about November. I also feel that it was recruiting top shelf players that were going to fix their woes of player development. We do not have that problem anymore. This staff has me that confident.  

• Plus1 3
8 hours ago, bisonwiches said:

I look at like this, that after Tannor committed that threw a wrench in what would appear to be guaranteed playing time, pair that with the timing of the Schiano announcement and it was over. As far as Frost being pissed I don’t blame him, because he sees through the garbage. If anyone thinks Schiano will be there for any longer than another 10-12 months is blind, he’d have been gone 2 months ago had Tenn not freaked out, so he wants out. Pair all that with the hiring of Grinch, who was hired as a DC, the signs are all right there.

I really don’t think Tannor had any impact on JBB. By all accounts he will redshirt at OSU to add a lot of weight to play DE. Supposedly, according to Schaefer, JBB was all set on VT the night before because Schiano was going to leave and OSU wasn’t guaranteeing a spot, but not everyone in his family was sold on VT. NU was the one spot everyone liked and JBB called Frost in the am and said he was coming. The Schiano news broke and OSU got into his ear. Their pitch was that they are a NFL factory; that JBB will always have a chance to transfer and play at another school later, but if he can make it at OSU then the NFL is in the cards so take your spot at the factory and see what you can do.

11 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

But we're not!

But now we are arguing over whether we're arguing over whether Urban Meyer is a good coach.  Which means we've entered the 2nd level of inception.

I disagree. We have not entered inception. Well, you entered because you were previously arguing, where as I just entered the argument, but only to argue about inception, not whether the argument was about arguing. I disagree.

Edited by runningblind