Quarterback

So, from what I gather, current QB's are expected to

Lee: Go Pro; Grad Transfer

O'brien: Maybe stick around through springball then bolt if not starter

Gebbia: Stick around

Most feel since these three are mostly pocket passers, they may not be interested in the new offense.

We do still have a top 15, 4 star, dual threat QB on the team currently working at WR and holder. Any chance Darlington makes the move back to QB?

If so, is he still good enough to compete for the starting job?

• Plus1 1

There was a lot of speculation as to whether Frost was going to bring in a JUCO QB to run his system. At this point I'm thinking no. I think Frost will go all in on Martinez and have an open battle with the guys we have. All of them are talented and posses skills I think Frost can work with. Given Frosts history of success with QBs I have faith he can get great production out of someone that's already on the roster. I wouldn't count out Martinez starting as a true freshman, but I think it will be a lively competition

• Plus1 1

I think in a perfect world Frost would bring in a JUCO and a freshman and let the competition sort itself out.  I think there is a decent chance that 2 QBs transfer out and that would leave things pretty thin depth wise.  Now, if I'm a JUCO and say Martinez commits do I really want to transfer to Nebraska or would I prefer to transfer somewhere that I 'know' I'll be given a chance to start.  As Mav and others have pointed out, there can only be one QB on the field at a time.  The good news is there should be no shortage of guys that want to play in Frost's system.

Edited by Xmas32