Quarterback

4 minutes ago, shyndy said:

Won't it be hilarious if Lee is our starting QB next year?  I think personally that Frost could do well adapting to even players that aren't ideal to his system.  He is obviously going to recruit dual threat guys but I wouldn't count out the ones on this roster.

Lee won't start next year, IMO. He's not Mobil enough and he throws to many picks. I'd like to get a better look at Gebbia.

16 minutes ago, shyndy said:

Won't it be hilarious if Lee is our starting QB next year?  I think personally that Frost could do well adapting to even players that aren't ideal to his system.  He is obviously going to recruit dual threat guys but I wouldn't count out the ones on this roster.

Hilarious is not the adjective I would use.  In all seriousness though, I don't think there is any conceivable way Tanner Lee starts for Nebraska in 2018.  I'll be surprised if he's even still on the team by summer conditioning.  Maybe O'Brien or Gebbia could run Frosty's offense, but Lee?  No.

• Plus1 1

...just a solid athlete, perhaps a HS RB who doubles as a QB are everywhere in small schools around country...an athlete can be taught to throw..as needed look at tommie Frazier as object example...probably the best arm of all TOs modern 1990/1997) QBS...people forget how, well touchdown tommie could actually throw..those boot legs were the worst nightmare for defenses....

24 minutes ago, shyndy said:

Agreed.  Never count out these very young adults.  They're at the age when making mental and physical changes is still pretty easy.  

1 minute ago, Depressed Husker said:

...just a solid athlete, perhaps a HS RB who doubles as a QB are everywhere in small schools around country...an athlete can be taught to throw..as needed look at tommie Frazier as object example...probably the best arm of all TOs modern 1990/1997) QBS...people forget how, well touchdown tommie could actually throw..those boot legs were the worst nightmare for defenses....

I loved Tommie, but he was a terrible thrower and I was nervous everytime he went back to pass.  In today's game, a fifty percent completion rating won't cut it.  

• Plus1 1