Quarterback

Just now, Husker from Kansas said:

Thats a bold statement.  BUT people are fools to not realize there is some truth to that. Those teams were LOADED much more than any we have had in a long long time. I don't think any of the QB's stated where as good as Frazier, and if anything Crouch and Frost are the only two QB's that I think might have won a natty with the teams that Frazier did. 

If we're taking everything in a vacuum, Frost had his chance in '96 and didn't. 

13 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Quoting myself because people keep ignoring me.....WE HAVE A DUAL THREAT QB ON THE ROSTER FOLKS.

Agreed on Andrew Bunch. There's no reason to think he's not right there, poised to potentially be the starter. 

Probably comes down to Frost's vision for setting up the team for year 3 or 4 versus prioritizing things for years 1 & 2.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

People act like we're going to the flexbone.

Right? Lee would definitely be a stretch but in all honesty everyone we have on roster can be plenty effective.

In time our QB room will be full of better athletes because that is more ideal, but we are still in a good place right now.

Edited by Nebfanatic
Just now, teachercd said:

Why would you not want a QB that can do both?  

Answer:  There is no reason.

Riley and staff could have very easily went after guys that could do both especially since they just had decent success with TA.

If that is crapping on Riley, okay, great!  I will crap on him for that.  

Are Gebbia, POB, and Bunch not guys that can do both? 

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Why would you not want a QB that can do both?  

Answer:  There is no reason.

Riley and staff could have very easily went after guys that could do both especially since they just had decent success with TA.

If that is crapping on Riley, okay, great!  I will crap on him for that.  

They did. POB, Gebbia and Bunch all can run it a bit and Nebraska pursued Colson Yankoff and Justin Fields. They saw what Tommy could do for them schematically and they altered their recruiting philosophy a bit because of it.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Are Gebbia, POB, and Bunch not guys that can do both? 

Bunch can, yeah.

I think Gebbia could but I don't think he wants to be that type of QB in college but that is just a guess.

POB is a straight line runner...which I think would mean he would have a hard time with all the option stuff Frost runs but I am not sure.

• Plus1 1