Quarterback

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

You guys have any clue how much I really care if I used the wrong Tommy or Tommie?

No, it's just really funny.

I do think people should care how to spell or say a guy's name though.  It's just common courtesy.  I'm not 100% perfect with this all the time, but I try to get it right most of the time.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No, it's just really funny.

I do think people should care how to spell or say a guy's name though.  It's just common courtesy.  I'm not 100% perfect with this all the time, but I try to get it right most of the time.

Meh...we've had two QBs Tommy and Tommie.  I try to get it right....but, in the end...on a random message board...really don't care.  I'm pretty sure Tommie Frazier wasn't personally insulted.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

As long as he's joined by the next Jason Peters.  Are there any new Matt Davidson's that can play WR?

He's working in the AD now, I don't think he's got an eligibility left. 

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You guys have any clue how much I really care if I used the wrong Tommy or Tommie?

Here's a hint....it's right up there with how much I care if our uniforms have stripes on the pants or not.

No, but please enlighten us. 

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Man, could you imagine being a person that DOES get worked up about message board stuff?!?!  

I think this Martinez cat is committing on his trip.

If this happens I shall be forced to pick up the slack for my late grandfather (RIP) and butcher this poor kid's last name.  LET'S GO MART-EN-EGGS

10 hours ago, brophog said:

Especially the deep ball. That's what makes Milton so effective. He's an ok runner, but nothing special. Not big enough to bull people, not fast enough to outrun defenders, and not quick enough to elude. His runs, however, are very effective because he's doing it against a numerical advantage and that comes partly from having to respect his deep ball.

That's this offense, putting a defense into numerical disadvantages. With an accurate passer that can run even a little, it's very difficult to stop. Milton has a very good completion rate for how often they throw deep balls.

2nd in yards per attempt, 2nd in completion percentage, 2nd in QB Rating. All to Baker Mayfield.

That's elite. The vast improvement he made from year 1 to year 2 has to have any potential QB salivating. 

Great post, agreed.

And to the bold - I think another big facet of Milton's game is rolling out into the flat. That's the Chip Kelly stuff that I remember that just made their whole system so freaking dangerous. You have this QB who is putting hours and hours of practice time into throwing on the run. The OLB gets baited in and then there's a seven yard throw to somebody in the flat with almost a jump pass from the QB. 

Incredibly fun to watch and extremely effective at spreading the field out wide. I hope to see this next year so bad.