Other QB prospects?

After finishing strong last season, I thought we would have landed a big one by now. That mid season slump we had might be coming back to haunt us.

nope, don't think so......something else is going on here( not saying it is or is not cally's or any coaches fault), but it would be nice to know what is really attracting these kids? LSU has a couple dandies, and there will be some bench sitting going on there, so immediate playing time is not the issue.....any more theories on this??

hunter

well how is this for a theory.... other coaches are still using our inconsistancies against us. They(other coaches) will lie cheat and steal.... i just get a feeling our coaches arent like that. They are probably telling kids that they wont be playing here, and if they do they get killed because we dont have a line or WRs. They tell kids of different races that this is a bad place for them.... tell kids that our coaches wont be along here long, callahan wants back to nfl as soon as possible, and if he doesnt succeed he will be fired.

I think after this year, if our line blocks well, and our QBs start putting up big numbers, and Taylor gets drafted.... well we will see a leap in interest. Taylors stats from last year werent that impressive.... not everyone sees what we see.

We might have as good a shot at Simms as anyone now.

didnt one recruiting service give simms 4 :star and lee only 1 :star ?

i would like to see NU give him some interest, but it doesnt look like they are at this time.

It was Scout. link

I don't believe they start assigning the other star groupings until later this month. Only the elite have 4 and 5 stars right now. Everyone else is 1 star. Many of those will bump up to 3 star and some to 4 star.

I still wonder if and when NU will offer Matt Lentz out of Greenville, SC a scholarship. He does show interest in NU. As a junior passed for 3642 yards and 44 tds.

The first QB on the list with a scholarship offer and interest in NU is Curtis Thomas out of Houston. Yet I think he is Duel Threat rather than a drop back passer. I've seen him listed as 5-11 and 6 foot. So he may only be 5-9.

munns committed to BYU...

With him being LDS and wanting to go on a 2 year mission, BYU is the place for him to go. He would have a tough time with NU's system to take 2 years off and try to come back and try and play catch up.

Good luck to him at BYU

I still have faith that we will get a solid HS qb this recruiting year.

we will be alright. Plenty of options left. In State pro-style prospect Steve Heiman could have a good showing at NU's QB camp and may find himself holding an offer. LaTravis Washington could get a shot at QB.

There are are plenty of QB's out there. Just none that have as excellent PR managers that a lot of QB's have.