Other QB prospects?

It would be against NCAA rules for me to go plant a NU flag in his front yard right??

HE only lives about 3 miles from my house. Who'd a thunk it. I think any HS kid will thrive in the NU weight room and if he has the skills down should bulk up pretty well. Excluding Beau the beanpole. :)

I dont know if it is against the rules or not but it might scare him away. He might just call the police on you and have you arrested for stalking.

But then you could give AR a call to represent you, but that might not be a good idea either because instead of community service and a fine you might get life instead.

It would be against NCAA rules for me to go plant a NU flag in his front yard right??

HE only lives about 3 miles from my house. Who'd a thunk it. I think any HS kid will thrive in the NU weight room and if he has the skills down should bulk up pretty well. Excluding Beau the beanpole. :)

Against NCAA rules?? Maybe The wrong thing to do??????? NO! ;)

Anyone hear any news on stangel that they can unleash on any of us...this kid is supposed to be pretty good...he won the NU quarter back academy, and that seems to me to be something pretty impressive. I can't find anything on this kid and why hasn't he been offered yet?

Anyone hear any news on stangel that they can unleash on any of us...this kid is supposed to be pretty good...he won the NU quarter back academy, and that seems to me to be something pretty impressive. I can't find anything on this kid and why hasn't he been offered yet?

here is an article that was in the OWH today

California QB meets camp goals

BY ROBIN WASHUT

WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

LINCOLN - Chasen Stangel expected only two things from his three days at Nebraska's Elite QB Academy.

The first was to continue to prove himself among some of most highly touted high school quarterbacks in the nation. The second was to do whatever it took to catch the eye of the Husker coaching staff.

After winning the camp's senior skills competition Monday and producing a weekend's worth of solid performances, the San Jacinto (Calif.) senior-to-be accomplished both of those goals and then some.

"The best thing I did personally is just stayed mentally tough," Stangel said. "You have to be mentally tough to get through a camp like this. This is probably the toughest camp I've been to."

At 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, Stangel looked sharp throughout the camp. While he said Nebraska has not offered him a scholarship, he does have offers from schools such as Purdue, New Mexico, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah State and UTEP.

Later this month, he plans on attending a camp at Washington, which has expressed serious interest the past few months.

Whether he gets an offer from Nebraska or not, Stangel said he plans on committing somewhere by mid-July.

Though he's had little contact with the Nebraska coaches, Stangel seemed more than eager for an offer from the Huskers. Stangel is no stranger to Nebraska - he has family in Lincoln, Omaha, Burchard, Tecumseh and West Point.

"I'm a big-time Nebraska fan, and it would be awesome to be offered by them," he said. "I don't know what the Nebraska guys are thinking, but I'm just hoping for the best."

Another recruit in attendance who does have an offer from NU was LaTravis Washington out of Bradenton, Fla. While he had a good showing at the quarterback camp, the Huskers are seeking the 6-3, 210-pounder as an athlete.

Washington, who runs a 4.55-second 40-yard dash, was far and away the most physically impressive athlete at the camp and could potentially play safety or weak side linebacker for the Huskers if he commits.

Other players who stood out during the camp were Phillip Bates of Omaha North, who has already committed to Iowa State, and Papillion-La Vista's Steve Heiman. While Heiman hasn't received a Division I offer, he said he hopes his performance was good enough to catch Nebraska's eye.

"All I'm going to do is try to be the best quarterback I can be (next season)," he said. "If something good comes out of it, great."

As for Bates, his three days in Lincoln weren't enough to sway his commitment with the Cyclones. He has already attended camps at Southern California and Arizona State and is planning on heading to Notre Dame next week.

"I loved this camp, but it was really about the competition aspect," Bates said. "(Iowa State) was a little worried, but I told them I'm not going anywhere. I'm 100 percent committed. I love it up there."

i am sure the coaches got a good look at Stangel....they know already if he is a "fit" for their system....at this point since we have missed so many top names, the focus is probably on "getting it right" with what is left or undiscovered out there, not just getting a comitt so the fans feel better about having a qb...no rush now, why burn a scollie on a guy that is going to have to work real hard at fitting the mold?......they will be busy looking around for that kid they can develop...best of all were the comments of the intensity of the camp and the competition...Norvell is just learning how to run this thing (his 3rd year) so the camp should remain pretty attractive in the future too.......

hunter

hello, I think that NU's coaches know that when they give stangel their offer of a schollie that he will commit - because of his desire to play here, & w/ a score of relatives in the area - so, unfortunately they are going to play the waiting game w/ him to see how the recruiting process of gray is going to play out

p.s. my thought is if NU offered bates a schollie, & bates was bested greatly at camp by stangel, than stangel deserves his schollie

welll i was thinking about this, I think they still use the "We have bare cupboards as far as QBs are concerned so you could come here and have a good chance to play" excuse as much as possible. Even if it means holding off an offer to Stangel(it may not be the real reason, but holding his offer gives them more PT leverage). The way i see it they plan on getting Washington to commit, and he will have a possible shot at QB, then you get Logan Gray and/or Marvin Mcnutt. (Notice something about all these guys having some good mobility?) If one or both of these guys drop us, then Stangel gets an offer.

Now i wish we could just offer him and get his verbal, because i think he is going to be picking up some more interest VERY soon, because we probably arent the only school thinking "well we can wait and see how this other guy pans out" Is it farfetched to think that we could take 3 HS QBs and it wouldnt be too much? ( i say this because i think if we get grey or mcnutt, the other wont commit. That would mean Washington, one of those guys from Mizz, and Stangel)

Then again we arent the coaches and although we like to think ourselves recruiting experts we dont ACTUALLY know what these coaches know, and what they are expecting.

its just crazy how we have struggled with recruiting Texas QBs. Its apparent our staff is invading Missouri, looking for a QB. Scuttlebutt says LaTravis Washington ends up in the defensive backfield. I have no problem with that, as long as he is like his cousin. Fabian, contrary to popular belief, still supports our program.

McNutt, wait and see. Gray? lot of competition for his services. Stangel? everybody is questioning his arm strength, but who knows. Im very curious and also very anxious to see what the coaches are going to do.