Other QB prospects?

if you give a kid a schollie is that for 4 yrs or can the coaches reject it later?

My recollection is that the NCAA "killed" the use of 4-year and "non-breakable" scholarships. All scholarships are now, I believe, 1-year renewable.

I do believe that the only way a player can loose a scholarship is if he is kicked off of the team, quits, or asked to be released from that scholarship. If a player gets hurt and cannot play football anymore he still is on scholarship for the remainder of the 4 years.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the Big Red Report on QB's out there and saw 3 with high interest with no offers from NU at this time. 2 were from Nebraska (Cassidy & Heinman) and one was from Oregon (Evans?)

Does anyone else think that the NU staff is thinking that maybe 1 of the 2 in-staters will walk on? Cassidy's dad is on the staff at NU and should be able to go to NU free anyway.

Each of the 3 are listed as 1* but so was Witt when NU offered him.

just wanted to know everyone elses thoughts

hello, hs qb's &/or jc qbs will come to NU if NU continues to land top juco wr's - like last yrs cc of sf's, mo purify (6'4", 210), or possibly this yr's coll of seq's, aj jackson (6'6", 220 - right now he is one of NU's top priorities):

http://jcgridiron.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=560040

p.s. could you imagine these 2 running routes together? what def backfield could stop them? what qb would not want to throw to them?

Not that I have a lot of confidence in the staff's ability to recruit a QB, but I'd like to see us go after Garcia, although we are not on his radar.

Stephen Garcia

Logan Gray

Matt Simms

Matt Lentz

And of course, there is this guy:

GJ Kinne

My guess is that we miss on all of them...

My prediction is looking pretty good...

But I am optimistic re: Witt.

Not that I have a lot of confidence in the staff's ability to recruit a QB, but I'd like to see us go after Garcia, although we are not on his radar.

Stephen Garcia

Logan Gray

Matt Simms

Matt Lentz

And of course, there is this guy:

GJ Kinne

My guess is that we miss on all of them...

My prediction is looking pretty good...

But I am optimistic re: Witt.

Might wanna stretch before you pat yourself on the back. :thumbs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think if you can find a hs qb out there you go for him. We don't need any more juco qb's this year though.

My feelings exactly. It wouldn't be that bad if we didn't bring in another one but if we were to bring one in, it should be a freshman. Maybe an under the radar guy in which we can groom for a couple of years.

I think if you can find a hs qb out there you go for him.  We don't need any more juco qb's this year though.

My feelings exactly. It wouldn't be that bad if we didn't bring in another one but if we were to bring one in, it should be a freshman. Maybe an under the radar guy in which we can groom for a couple of years.

I think it would be cool if that local NE kid(Papio maybe) walks on. I think they can afford to take a project now, but do they want to expend a scholarship for one...