Other QB prospects?

With Jaret Lee going to LSU (dang, that one hurts), and given that JUCO Lyle Maevao is giving NU strong consideration, what other QBs are we in the mix for (assuming that we're gunning for two h.s. QBs in this class)?

Here's Eric's of what has happened with the QB prospects in ETR's list:

Bates -committed to ISU

Clausen - committed to ND

Corp - committed to USC

Forcier - committed to UCLA

Kinne - (NU is not among favorites, probably not strongly considered)

Lee - committed to LSU

Mallett - committed to Mich

Russell - committed to West Virginia

Which leaves Brantley, Gray and Washington. Does anyone know of any other possibilities. Or, any recruiting news on these three?

Just wondering....GBR

With Jaret Lee going to LSU (dang, that one hurts), and given that JUCO Lyle Maevao is giving NU strong consideration, what other QBs are we in the mix for (assuming that we're gunning for two h.s. QBs in this class)?

Here's Eric's of what has happened with the QB prospects in ETR's list:

Bates -committed to ISU

Clausen - committed to ND

Corp - committed to USC

Forcier - committed to UCLA

Kinne - (NU is not among favorites, probably not strongly considered)

Lee - committed to LSU

Mallett - committed to Mich

Russell - committed to West Virginia

Which leaves Brantley, Gray and Washington. Does anyone know of any other possibilities. Or, any recruiting news on these three?

Just wondering....GBR

If you are thinking of John Brantley - he's committed to Texas.

Jason Munns out of Washington will start getting looks from around the country because as you noted above, many of the considered upper tier guys are gone.

Munns is a beast.

However, he is LDS, and has said he'll be going on a two-year church mission. That may be why we haven't offered yet.

According to Rivals100, Nebraska is in the mix of 10 schools for Jason Munns. There doesn't appear to be any favorites. Most of the schools are Pac 10, Mountain West Conference teams. How did we get on that list if we haven't offered?

All we get with the teaser is that he's 6'5", 228. Any other stats on him?

According to Rivals100, Nebraska is in the mix of 10 schools for Jason Munns.  There doesn't appear to be any favorites.  Most of the schools are Pac 10, Mountain West Conference teams.  How did we get on that list if we haven't offered?

All we get with the teaser is that he's 6'5", 228.  Any other stats on him?

Munns junior year stats:

160 for 259 .618 completion rate

2178 yards, 32 tds, 8 int

Player: Jason Munns

Hometown: Kennewick, WA

Position: QB

Height: 6'5”

Weight: 230

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered:

Favorites: Washington State, BYU, Utah

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report: :star :star :star:star

Assessing the talent: Will be the top prep QB in Washington State next year. A real man among boys. Southridge High runs a pass-first offense, and he's been a starter for two years. He's a 3.8 GPA student, an excellent athlete, and by all accounts is a terrific leader. We MUST offer this kid.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% Adam Carriker and Leon Jackson are from the same area, so Nebraska has some exposure in Kennewick. I'd be shocked if we didn't offer Munns at some point. He's got the tools to be an incredible college QB. He's a very good athlete, plays basketball. I live about 90 minutes away, so I'll monitor his senior season.

Here's an article

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Assessing the talent: Will be the top prep QB in Washington State next year. A real man among boys. Southridge High runs a pass-first offense, and he's been a starter for two years. He's a 3.8 GPA student, an excellent athlete, and by all accounts is a terrific leader. We MUST offer this kid.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% Adam Carriker and Leon Jackson are from the same area, so Nebraska has some exposure in Kennewick. I'd be shocked if we didn't offer Munns at some point. He's got the tools to be an incredible college QB. He's a very good athlete, plays basketball. I live about 90 minutes away, so I'll monitor his senior season.

Here's an article

We wont land this guy either. unless he comes to the QB camp, which, at this moment, it is unlikely that he will. We arent even in his top choices. there are other QB's that are better than this guy, but not as much size as this cat has.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Here's an article

Still no offer <_<

A couple QBs Nebraska has offers out to are Logan Gray of Columbia, Mo and Andrew Nowels of Clearwater, FL.

Nowels is expressing some interest in Nebraska but I think he will end up at Florida State or Alabama. Yet I hope we make a hard push for him. He's 6-4, 211. His junior year passed for 1962 yards and 16 tds.

Gray doesn't seem to have Nebraska on the radar.