JUCO LB Will Honas [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

67 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Honas commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Kansas State
    • Mississippi
    • Wisconsin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/23/2017 at 02:49 AM

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

We need to reverse the trend against Wisconsin and begin kicking their a*s on the field to put some separation from them in the recruiting arena.  They are coming off a season where they had one of the best defenses in the nation, while we had one of the worst.

Maybe that means that we have more opening to come in and play right away while they won't have as many...

But yeah, I agree.

9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

This notion of "coming in to play right away" has to stop.  If someone is good enough to play, they will.  Doesn't matter where they go.

Unless, of course, you are Bo Pelini and only let LaVonte David play because someone got injured.

If you are referring to me, that is not what I was saying. I was referring to the fact that as a recruit you would probably like the idea of early playing time (if earned). Not that I think he can/will come in and play right away.

39 minutes ago, Day by Day said:

If you are referring to me, that is not what I was saying. I was referring to the fact that as a recruit you would probably like the idea of early playing time (if earned). Not that I think he can/will come in and play right away.

I'm referring to you and anyone else that keeps saying the same things about depth chart and early playing time.

28 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm referring to you and anyone else that keeps saying the same things about depth chart and early playing time.

This is simply wrong. So the depth chart at Nebraska and Alabama are the same? Because according to you if he is good enough he will play. So lets break it down. If on a scale of one to ten, Honas is 7.5. There may be five schools in the country that all of their starters are 8.5+. Nebraska's returning ILB is about a 6.0. So explain to me again how that doesn't matter? He would be stuck behind certain players at other schools. He most likely wouldn't at Nebraska.

Edited by WVhuskerXX
3 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

This is simply wrong. So the depth chart at Nebraska and Alabama are the same? Because according to you if he is good enough he will play. So lets break it down. If on a scale of one to ten, Honas is 7.5. There may be five schools in the country that all of their starters are 8.5+. Nebraska's returning ILB is about a 6.0. So explain to me again how that doesn't matter? He would be stuck behind certain players at other schools. He most likely wouldn't at Nebraska.

No the depth charts aren't the same.  No one said they were.  but I guarantee you that Saban puts the absolute best 11 on the field regardless of grade.  That's why players go there.  because they know they will have a shot no matter what

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

No the depth charts aren't the same.  No one said they were.  but I guarantee you that Saban puts the absolute best 11 on the field regardless of grade.  That's why players go there.  because they know they will have a shot no matter what

Thank you for making our point. Depth charts matter.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, WVhuskerXX said:

On what random arbitrary scale are you using? I think you are flying by the seat of your pants on this one. 

3 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

On what random arbitrary scale are you using? I think you are flying by the seat of your pants on this one. 

Scale was an example. It isn't meant to be scientific. All I'm saying is that you can't expect recruits, especially JUCOs, to not look at the best situation for themselves regarding the depth chart. Not saying they all do, but to say it doesn't matter is false.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Just my opinion. The Cocky SOB's we need to win. They know they are good and they dont give a SH!T what the depth chart says because they think they are better than everyone and think they will start day 1. Whether that is true is a different story- but that kind of swag is what we need. 

I can go with that with one addition.  We need the "cocky SOBs" that know they are good and willing to come work their asses off to prove it and don't expect it to be given to them because everyone told them they were great in HS.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO LB Will Honas [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • seaofred92 pinned this topic