JUCO WR Jaron Woodyard [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

Where Will Woodyard Commit?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Woodyard Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Texas Tech
    • UCF
    • Arizona
    • Arizona State
    • Syracuse
    • Boise State

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh...that’s where your idea completely falls apart. 

A chemistry student doesn’t have a team of ten coaches and 100 other players relying on him as a team mate. 

So, according to you, a player on one team should be able to jump ship in the middle of the season to another. If Alabama loses an RB to injury, they could’ve talked Ameer to switch teams in October. 

I would have absolutely no desire to get emotionally invested as a fan. 

Hey, it would free up more time in the fall. 

Sorry, your idea is idiotic. 

I agree, it is idiotic in terms of how us fans feel.

But...if I was in the position or my kids or friends...I would want them to have the choice that best fits them.

Also, this is just a guess, but I would imagine a chem student with a possible cancer cure has more than like 100 people relying on them.  

Edited by teachercd

Hypothetical: Who would be upset if Frost flexed his muscles right now and cut him loose? I mean, you committed a week ago to Nebraska.

You probably should’ve just waited until early signing day to commit if you were gonna take one more visit and waiver.

That being said, I think he sticks with Nebraska.

(don’t mind that we never would know if that is what happened or not, it’s probably over the top and I realize that it’s not that big of a deal, just thought I’d pose the question since many are up in arms over this.)

Edited by ScottyIce

Do you know how chaotic the world would be if everyone got to do what they want, whenever they want just cause. It is what's wrong with our entitled society right now. Could you imagine kids switching schools left and right. 

Or in the regular business world- someone submits a proposal to do a Job. Should there not be a contract? Because they could start the job, realize it's harder than they thought so they should be able to not finish cause they don't feel like it anymore? 

I think some are failing to see it is a 2 way street. The formal commitment protects both sides from defaulting. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Hypothetical: Who would be upset if Frost flexed his muscles right now and cut him loose? I mean, you committed a week ago to Nebraska.

You probably should’ve just waited until early signing day to commit if you were gonna take one more visit and waiver.

That being said, I think he sticks with Nebraska.

(don’t mind that we never would know if that is what happened or not, it’s probably over the top and I realize that it’s not that big of a deal, just thought I’d pose the question since many are up in arms over this.)

Just don't waste a lot of time on him.  If he's N, great.  If not, that's fine too.  These wishy-washy types seldom pan out.

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

Right, and that is how it should be and they should be able to start at the next school as soon as the next semester starts.  No sitting out or anything like that.  

School is above sports. They can transfer and still earn a degree on time. Your idea hurts schools like Nebraska that aren't close to high population densities. A minor league system sounds up your alley. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Branno said:

I did. Circumstances and needs can change for any student, regardless of whether they play football.

My comment was more toward the students who are high level students like the ones looking for the cure for cancer.  Responding to that in the first comment.  I had two siblings transfer schools but they became teachers not cancer researchers. 

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Just don't waste a lot of time on him.  If he's N, great.  If not, that's fine too.  These wishy-washy types seldom pan out.

so, don't ever fight for any recruits?  Only accept the ones that see Nebraska as the only program in the world?  Seems like a poor way to recruit.  This is what recruiting is all about, like it or not, showing the recruits that they are important and winning them over.  If you think top athletes are going to just take a look at our history, tradition, and "the Nebraska Way" and all of the sudden become 100% never look at another school.  "Commitment" is not a binding agreement in the world of recruiting, despite what some people want, its like a promise ring.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, HuskerJax said:

so, don't ever fight for any recruits?  Only accept the ones that see Nebraska as the only program in the world?  Seems like a poor way to recruit.  This is what recruiting is all about, like it or not, showing the recruits that they are important and winning them over.  If you think top athletes are going to just take a look at our history, tradition, and "the Nebraska Way" and all of the sudden become 100% never look at another school.  "Commitment" is not a binding agreement in the world of recruiting, despite what some people want, its like a promise ring.  

He's not saying the coaches don't fight.  He's saying the general public shouldn't get too bent out of shape.  Which is good advice.  keep your shirt on.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO WR Jaron Woodyard [Nebraska - Signed LOI]