DT Bryson Williams [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

On 12/8/2017 at 5:36 AM, huskered17 said:

It was the kids that walked on and the ones that got the scholy's from around the state, that showed the recruits from other states what it meant to be a Cornhusker.

If Frost can get that part built back up, he has a good shot at returning the program, to what it was.

GBR!!!

First off, I hope NU can switch Bryson because he's a talented player.  But he's not the type of player in your post that looks at NU as some sort of Mecca.  If he was, he'd already be switched.

D1 athletes, at least most of them, will bleed for whatever school they play for as long as the pride is instilled by coaches and asked of the players.  There isn't anything magical about Nebraska farm kids.

"not"Funhusker

• Plus1 1

New staff says he could play any of the three spots on the DL.  

No other visits planned after his Wiscy OV this weekend.  He was in Madison four times but never for a game.

Obviously hasn't had a relationship with any of our current coaches but says they got along well.

Planning to sign on the 20th.

My take is he feels pretty comfortable with his commitment to Wiscy, especially since they've recruited him for quite awhile.  But he's just got a little hesitation to make sure he doesn't regret going away from home instead of choosing the school down the street.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

New staff says he could play any of the three spots on the DL.  

No other visits planned after his Wiscy OV this weekend.  He was in Madison four times but never for a game.

Obviously hasn't had a relationship with any of our current coaches but says they got along well.

Planning to sign on the 20th.

My take is he feels pretty comfortable with his commitment to Wiscy, especially since they've recruited him for quite awhile.  But he's just got a little hesitation to make sure he doesn't regret going away from home instead of choosing the school down the street.

Yeah, I'd put the Huskers chances at less than 10%.

23 hours ago, funhusker said:

First off, I hope NU can switch Bryson because he's a talented player.  But he's not the type of player in your post that looks at NU as some sort of Mecca.  If he was, he'd already be switched.

D1 athletes, at least most of them, will bleed for whatever school they play for as long as the pride is instilled by coaches and asked of the players.  There isn't anything magical about Nebraska farm kids.

"not"Funhusker

Maybe the the kids I grew up with and the ones now, are no longer the type that dreamed of playing for DONU.  If ne sticks with his commitment I won't hold that against him. He should of been offered by us before. 

GBR!!!

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, huskered17 said:

Maybe the the kids I grew up with and the ones now, are no longer the type that dreamed of playing for DONU.  If ne sticks with his commitment I won't hold that against him. He should of been offered by us before. 

GBR!!!

I think kids that grow up in Nebraska are that way (that's why you see the Jurgens and others out there).  This kids has only lived in NE for a couple years.  He doesn't have 18 years of grooming.  Can't expect him to feel that way about the school when he's obviously talented and we paid him no attention until now.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Bryson Williams [Wisconsin - Signed LOI]