Predict 2018 Recruiting Ranking

20-25

I may be over optimistic...but, that's just the way I am.  One thing that might hurt us here in this first class is the early signing period.  Many players will be off the market due to already signing and have no chance of flipping them.  Hopefully we will lock up a few ourselves so the staff can concentrate on others.

Edited by BigRedBuster

I see this going one of two ways based on the 4* QB - if he commits after his visit and before the Dec deadline this class will blow up and be around 18-20

If he doesn't we will be around 30-35.

These numbers still seem low and that will be due to the fact that we sign 4 JUCOs and they will not be included in the above rankings.

With that said the adjusted numbers will be around 15 for scenario #1 and 23 for Scenario #2

I'll be interested to see if we can still get to 1st in the B1G West.  Currently:

33 Minnesota / 23 commits / 0 4* / 23 3*

35 Wisconsin / 19 commits / 1 4* / 18 3*

38 Northwestern / 15 commits / 1 4* / 14 3*

46 Iowa / 14 commits / 0 4* / 14 3*

51 Purdue / 21 commits / 0 4* / 20 3*

66 Illinois / 14 commits / 1 4* / 13 3*

75 Nebraska / 8 commits / 3 4* / 5 3*

Edited by Red Five
  • Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I'll be interested to see if we can still get to 1st in the B1G West.  Currently:

33 Minnesota / 23 commits / 0 4* / 23 3*

35 Wisconsin / 19 commits / 1 4* / 18 3*

38 Northwestern / 15 commits / 1 4* / 14 3*

46 Iowa / 14 commits / 0 4* / 14 3*

51 Purdue / 21 commits / 0 4* / 20 3*

66 Illinois / 14 commits / 1 4* / 13 3*

75 Nebraska / 8 commits / 3 4* / 5 3*

If we get our numbers up I think we end up with the top class. Certainly we will have the best player average.

I think Riley's first class was in the 30s. Frost should be able to do the same or better with how much hype there is right now, assuming he's not hurt too badly by the early signing date. (It should help Nebraska in the long run but it might be tough when your coach has < 3 weeks with the team at that point).

I'll go with 28-33

Edited by Moiraine

I’ll be surprised if we get in the top 30. Not a whole lot of time, we need several JUCOs (who don’t get rated properly), and there are a lot of spots to fill now. And this is a crucial time for recruiting for next year’s class as well. Very important that the staff starts setting up potential spring and summer visits.

If Bookie were to rejoin the fold and we snag that Martinez, then maybe it will be enough of a jolt that other highly rated recruits will jump in. But otherwise, I think it will be a process, with a lot of the fun coming with next year’s class. Frost will get the right guys though, even if they’re 3-star recruits.

Edited by Caliborn72