• Announcements

• Mavric

The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup   01/17/2018

The 2018 HuskerBoard Starting Lineup is now live! Click HERE to read the rules, and look in the Contest Crib for nomination and voting threads throughout the next several weeks.   This is a great opportunity to say "thanks!" to your fellow HuskerBoard members for keeping you informed or entertained throughout the past year. Nominate your favorite HuskerBoard member today!
HuskerNation1

Predict 2018 Recruiting Ranking

As of today, December 4, prior to any changes in NU commits since Frost was officially announced, Nebraska's team rankings were as follows:

Rivals: 85

247:  75

What is your prediction where the class will end up? I am going to go on the optimistic side and say 18 to 20.

25-30, with a JUCO influx I believe it will hold us down a little. If we can hit on a few big names like a 4 star qb and a few more high end guys I could see us cracking top 25. 

20-25

I may be over optimistic...but, that's just the way I am.  One thing that might hurt us here in this first class is the early signing period.  Many players will be off the market due to already signing and have no chance of flipping them.  Hopefully we will lock up a few ourselves so the staff can concentrate on others.

Edited by BigRedBuster

I see this going one of two ways based on the 4* QB - if he commits after his visit and before the Dec deadline this class will blow up and be around 18-20

If he doesn't we will be around 30-35.

These numbers still seem low and that will be due to the fact that we sign 4 JUCOs and they will not be included in the above rankings.

With that said the adjusted numbers will be around 15 for scenario #1 and 23 for Scenario #2

I'll be interested to see if we can still get to 1st in the B1G West.  Currently:

33 Minnesota / 23 commits / 0 4* / 23 3*

35 Wisconsin / 19 commits / 1 4* / 18 3*

38 Northwestern / 15 commits / 1 4* / 14 3*

46 Iowa / 14 commits / 0 4* / 14 3*

51 Purdue / 21 commits / 0 4* / 20 3*

66 Illinois / 14 commits / 1 4* / 13 3*

75 Nebraska / 8 commits / 3 4* / 5 3*

Edited by Red Five

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I'll be interested to see if we can still get to 1st in the B1G West.  Currently:

33 Minnesota / 23 commits / 0 4* / 23 3*

35 Wisconsin / 19 commits / 1 4* / 18 3*

38 Northwestern / 15 commits / 1 4* / 14 3*

46 Iowa / 14 commits / 0 4* / 14 3*

51 Purdue / 21 commits / 0 4* / 20 3*

66 Illinois / 14 commits / 1 4* / 13 3*

75 Nebraska / 8 commits / 3 4* / 5 3*

If we get our numbers up I think we end up with the top class. Certainly we will have the best player average.

I think Riley's first class was in the 30s. Frost should be able to do the same or better with how much hype there is right now, assuming he's not hurt too badly by the early signing date. (It should help Nebraska in the long run but it might be tough when your coach has < 3 weeks with the team at that point).

I'll go with 28-33

Edited by Moiraine

I’ll be surprised if we get in the top 30. Not a whole lot of time, we need several JUCOs (who don’t get rated properly), and there are a lot of spots to fill now. And this is a crucial time for recruiting for next year’s class as well. Very important that the staff starts setting up potential spring and summer visits.

If Bookie were to rejoin the fold and we snag that Martinez, then maybe it will be enough of a jolt that other highly rated recruits will jump in. But otherwise, I think it will be a process, with a lot of the fun coming with next year’s class. Frost will get the right guys though, even if they’re 3-star recruits.

Edited by Caliborn72

With talk now that we may push over 20 commits in this class and may push as high as 25 knowing we have attrition i dont see why we couldnt get close to a 20 rated class. Pull in 4-5 4 star kids and 10 or 12 3 star kids. Thats gotta be a 20 class or so?

3 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

It'll be Top 25, if we hang onto Brown and Moore.

Moore I'm confident in, Brown not so much. Regardless we are in prime position to take over the top spot in the West by the time its all over of we can land a few 4 stars and fill it out with 3 stars. We just land more 4 star guys than anyone in our division and that will put us over the top as far as recruiting rankings go

I'm a bit bold ... I think we see some good momentum in our close.  My guess is 18-22 in ranking.  I'm hopeful for a few surprises.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:36 AM, HuskerNation1 said:

As of today, December 4, prior to any changes in NU commits since Frost was officially announced, Nebraska's team rankings were as follows:

Rivals: 85

247:  75

What is your prediction where the class will end up? I am going to go on the optimistic side and say 18 to 20.

As of today, December 11 NU is up to 75 per Rivals and 66 per 247, and there are still several more spots to fill.

Assuming we lose Brown and gain Bell/Riley/Honas (as the CBs are saying), we will probably be sitting in the low to mid 30s at the end of the day.

After much of the early signing period stuff.  Everyone in the West is rowing as fast as they can to catch the Fightin' Flecks.

27 Minnesota / 206.05 / 26 commits / 2 4* / 24 3*

35 Wisconsin / 191.72 / 19 commits / 1 4* / 18 3*

38 Iowa / 188.60 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 15 3*

45 Nebraska / 179.71 / 13 commits / 4 4* / 9 3*

46 Purdue / 178.45 / 24 commits / 0 4* / 24 3*

50 Northwestern / 175.21 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 15 3*

62 Illinois / 162.21 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 13 3*

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

After much of the early signing period stuff.  Everyone in the West is rowing as fast as they can to catch the Fightin' Flecks.

27 Minnesota / 206.05 / 26 commits / 2 4* / 24 3*

35 Wisconsin / 191.72 / 19 commits / 1 4* / 18 3*

38 Iowa / 188.60 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 15 3*

45 Nebraska / 179.71 / 13 commits / 4 4* / 9 3*

46 Purdue / 178.45 / 24 commits / 0 4* / 24 3*

50 Northwestern / 175.21 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 15 3*

62 Illinois / 162.21 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 13 3*

If we fill out our class we should take the traditional spot at the top of the west. I think Wisconsin has 18 now and up to #34

After Honas

30 Minnesota / 206.05 / 26 commits / 2 4* / 24 3*

34 Iowa / 193.98 / 18 commits / 1 4* / 16 3*

37 Wisconsin / 191.72 / 19 commits / 1 4* / 18 3*

40 Nebraska / 187.06 / 14 commits / 4 4* / 10 3*

48 Purdue / 178.45 / 24 commits / 0 4* / 24 3*

51 Northwestern / 175.21 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 15 3*

62 Illinois / 163.40 / 16 commits / 1 4* / 14 3*

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

After Honas

Also we are currently 23rd in terms of average star rankings per 247.  Thus if we continue to recruit the same caliber of players and get up to 20-plus commits, we should easily make the top 25 this season, and possibly the top 20 if we sign more than other schools.

Unless Wisc and Iowa are going to have classes above 22 commits - NU will pass both of them.  Minnesota will be close but only because we will sign 5+ less then them.  If our class size gets to 22 we pass them all. This also includes the small downgrade that JUCO players get - due to the fact that they don't have 4/5 years left.  I see the effect that these kids should have on the program over the next two years being a big upgrade over the other teams in the west (basing this on the assumption that other teams aren't taking 4+ juco's)

Edited by GBRFAN

Talk radio in MN is pumpin sunshine on the Gophers recruiting, claiming they’re top 25, which they peaked at yesterday. They’re full and already gray shirted a local kid yesterday. They’ll end up around #40. Still a good class for them, but just funny to listen to how great things are going to be in Dinkytown. 

21 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Talk radio in MN is pumpin sunshine on the Gophers recruiting, claiming they’re top 25, which they peaked at yesterday. They’re full and already gray shirted a local kid yesterday. They’ll end up around #40. Still a good class for them, but just funny to listen to how great things are going to be in Dinkytown. 

Every single one a early enrollee is pretty cool though

58 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Every single one a early enrollee is pretty cool though

Only 7 are early enrollees. It’s just that all signed on the early date, which is pretty awesome to now focus on the next class.

i root for them any time they’re not playing us. Just think with the entire class signed now, they can only move down. Good PR though right now. 

3 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Only 7 are early enrollees. It’s just that all signed on the early date, which is pretty awesome to now focus on the next class.

i root for them any time they’re not playing us. Just think with the entire class signed now, they can only move down. Good PR though right now. 

Ah, whoops.

ESPN isn't as stingy with the stars as rivals is when it comes to JUCO guys. We are all the way up to 35 there, not bad at all considering we have a whopping six Riley recruits left and still should have several more guys signing before things are finished. 

On 12/21/2017 at 7:32 PM, MinnwiscowaSker said:

No offense, but we were guilty of doing the same thing during the Pelini era. Anytime I tried to point out that the classes weren't as good as they were being hyped to be, I was labeled a Debbie Downer. 

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

No offense, but we were guilty of doing the same thing during the Pelini era. Anytime I tried to point out that the classes weren't as good as they were being hyped to be, I was labeled a Debbie Downer. 

I agree. And the results prove you right.

my point was more about the premature labeling as a top 25 class. A lot of time to get bumped down. 

12 hours ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

I agree. And the results prove you right.

my point was more about the premature labeling as a top 25 class. A lot of time to get bumped down. 

Yeah, it is interesting enough to visit their board and notice how not one of them is making even an off-hand disclaimer that being top 25 with a full class isn't likely to equate to having a top 25 in mid-February.  

Otherwise, whatever.  Good for them.

Not sure their is a thread for this but Purdue just picked up a nice WR commit on National TV. That's an up and coming program and one of their best classes in recent memory.

On 12/21/2017 at 3:39 PM, Red Five said:

After Honas

Up from 40 to 38 after a Greg Bell bump in rating and maybe a few others who already committed.

In addition to landing Williams, Wiltfong has put in the following CBs in the last 24 hours:

1.  John Jackson (WR)

2.  Daniel Carson

3.  Ta'Zhawn Henry

4.  Maurice Washington

5.  Cam'ron Jones

Those 5 additions would bring the 247 class score up to 215.46 which would put us at 22nd in the country with still a handful of spots to fill.  Not too shabby!

7 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

In addition to landing Williams, Wiltfong has put in the following CBs in the last 24 hours:

1.  John Jackson (WR)

2.  Daniel Carson

3.  Ta'Zhawn Henry

4.  Maurice Washington

5.  Cam'ron Jones

Those 5 additions would bring the 247 class score up to 215.46 which would put us at 22nd in the country with still a handful of spots to fill.  Not too shabby!

That's with Williams having no ranking too.

Even if he's bumped to a low 3 star it'll still add to the total a little bit.

Edited by spurs1990

8 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

That's with Williams having no ranking too.

Even if he's bumped to a low 3 star it'll still add to the total a little bit.

And Washington who hasn't seen his bump yet!

Plus Juco's wont show the true value of the class.  Year 1 and 2 impact of NU will feel like a top 15 class.

Still #47 on Rivals. ESPN is really helping our composite, they have us all the way up to #32.

I think this class is somewhere in the middle of that, which is what the 247 composite accounts for. Some big time upside, a couple of under the radar players, and some immediate help through the JUCO ranks. I think there’s one guy who is probably a tad overrated in our class, but I think it’s balanced out by a couple guys who deserve even more of a ratings boost. Easy to see why there’s a lot of randomness in this area of the recruiting rankings year to year. Comes down to coaching and we have some of the best!

Edited by Caliborn72