Frost Asks For Family Privacy

BIG ERN

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Sorry if this was noted already, but thought I would post in all of the excitement from yesterday. We all know how much Frost loves to be back, but he doesn't want his family bothered going forward. I don't see this as much of a problem now that he was officially hired. Just a good reminder 

In post presser questions with the media Frost said “I’m going to lose it on you guys if you approach my family. It’s already happened.” Then is subsequently asked about what his parents told him after the UCF game. Frost says “Listen I told you guys, my family is off limits. I’m telling you that right now, I don’t want phone calls to my mother. I don’t want pictures of my son. This is about me and this is about these kids and this program, its not about them.”

Here, let me repost this.... this is great!

Does anyone not understand what he means?

1 hour ago, ladyhawke said:

There also has to be very strong consequences for media members that don't adhere to what Scott is asking.  They do something stupid, they're gone. 

Being that the media is not employed by the University of Nebraska that really probably isn't feasible. 

• Plus1 1

It's worth noting that if you watch the video where Scott tells the media to leave his family out of it, it's not out of no where. The media asked a couple questions about his parents' reactions to Scott taking the Nebraska job before Scott shuts down that line of questioning. So the media was already flirting with that line before Scott said, “Listen I told you guys, my family is off limits."

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Undone said:

Being that the media is not employed by the University of Nebraska that really probably isn't feasible. 

True but the media bosses aren’t going to like being put in a poor light with Husker Nation. Public opinion is huge and since the media outlets depend on advertising via the public purchasing power they will take action against any reporter who doesn’t toe the line. Besides, if they want to know anything about Scott they can ask him. Anything else is irrelevant. I’m thinking in the near future Scott will introduce his new family or maybe a formal interview with his parents will be done but via Bill Moos or Matt Davison.  It will all be done via the University not public media. (Just my opinion.:))