Frost Asks For Family Privacy

BIG ERN

43 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

IMHO, Scott & Ashley should take a look at this new Lincoln home listing. It's only a 19 minute commute to Memorial Stadium. Looks like the sort of place a Head Coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers could entertain and raise a family.

bah... for that kind of money I'd live somewhere really nice (read: secluded from media attention)  and have limo service to the U and back.  :D  

10 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

IMHO, Scott & Ashley should take a look at this new Lincoln home listing. It's only a 19 minute commute to Memorial Stadium. Looks like the sort of place a Head Coach of the Nebraska Cornhuskers could entertain and raise a family.

God I really, really, really hope you aren't a realtor trying to do some sleazy thing that I can't even fathom :lol:

18 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Well, they could lose their press credentials from Nebraska as an entire news organization.  Virtually the same thing.

18 hours ago, Undone said:

Agreed, good point.

18 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Is banning them from University property something that can’t be done?

I would think they could easily do that.

Nebraska would have to be careful about trying to "ban" an entire news organization. Local media laws forbid an organization from banning an entire media outlet from public news conferences. The press credentials are namely for security purposes. Banning a reporter/outlet simply because they did something a coach/university doesn't like wouldn't fly unless there was something like a provable public safety concern. And, even then, only that individual reporter would likely be banned. Trying to keep the media outlet away would be challenging if not impossible.

Frost's request for privacy for his family shouldn't just be read as directed at the media, every fan should understand this means them, too.  The Frosts deserve to live their lives quietly.  Scott is the public figure, not his wife, son or parents. 

Nobody is camping out by his parents' house, but nobody needs to start, either.  Leave them alone and let's just watch football. 

The sooner this whole conversation is forgotten the better.  It's a weird focus for a new coach based on one offhand phone call one member of the media made. 

• Plus1 5

I understand his desire to make a strong statement about this from the beginning.

But I don't really understand the harm in asking him a question about how his parents reacted to the conference championship win or his being named coach. They're asking him, not bothering his parents.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1

Totally on board with leave coaches' families alone. There are lots of ways to have said this, though, publicly or privately.  I think Scott would have commanded a lot of respect if he had stated his request instead of demanding it. I understand Scott probably has some feelings about the media here going a long, long time back. I don't think it's healthy for the program for him to already have this view that they're out to get him. Spend the honeymoon capital wisely.

37 minutes ago, zoogs said:

Totally on board with leave coaches' families alone. There are lots of ways to have said this, though, publicly or privately.  I think Scott would have commanded a lot of respect if he had stated his request instead of demanding it. I understand Scott probably has some feelings about the media here going a long, long time back. I don't think it's healthy for the program for him to already have this view that they're out to get him. Spend the honeymoon capital wisely.

I attribute his response being a little sharp due to tiredness and probably a little hunger.  He said himself he hadn't gotten a lot of sleep or food in the last 24 hours.

1 hour ago, GamingGlen said:

I attribute his response being a little sharp due to tiredness and probably a little hunger.  He said himself he hadn't gotten a lot of sleep or food in the last 24 hours.

Sam McKewon was the one who asked Frost about how his parents responded to his decision, and that's what caused Frost to make his edict of not bringing up his family.  McKewon is a professional and didn't take it as a negative.  He chalked it up to Frost being exhausted after a long 48-72 hours prior to the PC.

• Plus1 1