Assistants Announced

Just now, darkhorse85 said:

Me too.  After hearing that he and Diaco allegedly talked Riley out of offering Bryson Williams made me hope Frost shows him the door post haste. 

Benning made illusions to guys like Kenny Wilhite (Director of High School Relations) not being able to get coaches to offer kids scholarships because Devaney standing in the way and not "approving" the offer.  So lame.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

5a25acde85470_ScreenShot2017-12-04at2_14_49PM.png.536a3a8484a3dfe3a751c1aa513b4919.png

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I wasn't trying to knock Ruud.  The guy was a stud at NU and the NFL.  I am stoked that he will coach at NU.  It's just an inside joke I have with one of my brothers who was at NU at the time.  Ruud would constantly jump on the pile and the PA announcer would say "tackle by Ruud".

Well based on your FUNNY inside joke and the stats above - you were right somewhere between 0-49% of the time.  I guess he could have been like our OL from the past couple of seasons and stand around wondering where everybody went.

• Plus1 1

With Dawson in at DL, then Parrella must be out.  There were posters here making the case for or against Parrella, but since the announcement of these assistants, I haven’t seen any talk about Parrella unless it’s in another thread.  

I felt that Parrella’s line under performed in both Banker and Diaco’s strain, I mean, scheme, so I am fine with him not being retained.

It would be cool to have a staff loaded with former Huskers, but then again , see Cotton.

7 minutes ago, URSS said:

Will Carol Frost join the staff?

Yeah, could be a good angle.  Just when most staffs start leaning towards the younger, relatable coaches , we go for a Wood River legend.  She could teach J.D. Spielman some moves to shake coverage and then head to her secret locker room kitchen to serve up some Campbell’s Chunky Soup for the players.

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, C N Red said:

I saw that somewhere else on the board, but that doesnt make a lot of sense. Offenses are totally different.

The OC at Washington was a Co-OC and WR coach.  In addition he was OC at Oregon last year and coached WR at Oregon when Frost was OC there.  

If if he gets the OC job, I’m sure he’ll do fine