Assistants Announced

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

All but 2 staff members have been hired, so I don't think things have been slow to come into place.  I think Frost has a couple guys (Walters & Lubick) in mind for the OC, but that might be a week before an official hiring is named.

I was thinking more of the 'support staff' (like the job Barrett Ruud was doing at UCF before coming here-that sort of thing?) But I'm sure he wants to get everything in place as soon as possible.  Did Scott's S&C coach come with him to Nebraska?  I know that was a huge issue for many fans also, did they get rid of Devaney? 

Just now, ladyhawke said:

I was thinking more of the 'support staff' (like the job Barrett Ruud was doing at UCF before coming here-that sort of thing?) But I'm sure he wants to get everything in place as soon as possible.  Did Scott's S&C coach come with him to Nebraska?  I know that was a huge issue for many fans also, did they get rid of Devaney? 

Quality control guys and GA's can be hired anytime, but they can't do much recruiting, so they aren't as important to get hired right away.

The UCF S&C guy will be coming to NU.

Billy Devaney is probably gone (thankfully).

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Quality control guys and GA's can be hired anytime, but they can't do much recruiting, so they aren't as important to get hired right away.

Oh, ok.  I understand now.  Scott has to have those involved in recruiting, especially since the window is so early this year-right?  I hope Billy Devaney is gone too. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Oh, ok.  I understand now.  Scott has to have those involved in recruiting, especially since the window is so early this year-right?  I hope Billy Devaney is gone too. 

As far as I know the support guys that are key in recruiting are staying for the time being.  Those guys tend to work through recruiting cycles and academic calendars, rather than the typical coaching contracts.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I thought they did a lot of the organizational stuff for recruiting like travel logistics and film cut ups.

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I would assume guys like Andy Vaughn, Kenny Wilhite, Todd McShane, and Nick Halberg are sticking around through recruiting season to assist the current staff.

IMO they may stick around after I think, especially Wilhite. He has proven himself and is a NU guy. Frost seems to value a strong recruiting operation and he seemed happy with what the previous staff had going in this area.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

McBride (from his conversations with Parella) says that Diaco was often teaching the kids by himself while the other assistants watched because of the lack of trust among the coaches (implying Diaco wouldn't let the assistants coach). Also Diaco had them just learning exactly what to do each play and not learning why, which led to things like the DL only bull rushing and not having a repetoire of moves and techniques. And there was no individual time scheduled for practicing fundamentals. All of which led to the players being confused and thinking too much and worrying about making mistakes.

Basically Diaco was a sh!tshow and also mentioned that Riley didn't seem to want to fix things.

Thank you.