Assistants Announced

1 minute ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Not sure.  A friend of mine has a subscription and passed it

along to me.

Okay, the thread I saw had a poster saying it and he made it clear it was a rumor from the Stanford boards. 

It would make sense though, he went to school there. Doesn't really seem all that interested in coming to Nebraska. Maybe he ends up here though.

After the NIU lose, and subsequent firing of the coaching staffs "cover"  Why put forth the effort, knowing that you are going to be fired at the end of the year.  Sure you can do it for the kids, and to a certain extent, that happened.

If Eichorst wasn't fired until after say the Minnesota game, I think this whole season would have looked a little bit different.  It would have been a 5-7 or even a 6-6 season.  (NW game for sure would have swung the other way)  I do feel however those things progressed exactly by design though.  There was a reason that Eichorst was fired early on because Bounds and Green knew that would tank the rest of the season and make what has transpired the past couple of weeks much easier to make happen.  

Bottom line, I can't fault the previous coaching staff for not really giving a rip the rest of the season when they knew they were out.  They were a lame duck coaching staff for 9 weeks of the season.

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am not sure if many of you are following the recruiting over the past week, but Coach Ryan Held is literally everywhere...coast to coast in consecutive days trying to get to as many prospects as possible. I am not sure if the guy ever sleeps, but he deserves major kudos.

Coach Held is going to be a key member of the staff going forward.  He has so many relationships with junior colleges and high school coaches, and his former teammates at NU have nothing but great things to say about him.

11 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

This link is superb!  Coach McBride gave some really great insight.  

Coach McBride touched on Riley and his staff

• Not teaching the players basic fundamentals: run blocking, tackling, etc
  • Not teaching them hand placement, footwork, gap responsibility
  • How assistant coaches weren't allowed to coach
  • No individual periods for teaching

Those were the ones I remember after listening to the entire segment.  I can't believe that I think even less of the former coaches now, than I did before.  No wonder this team was so terrible.  Now, back to the thread.

I came away wt the same feeling. Why were they here - apparently just to get a pay check and ride out their time to retirement.  The saddest point:  Wasted years for those who graduated under their 'leadership'.   The 'missed opportunity' cost is huge here - on a personal level for those players and as a team as a whole.  A huge waste.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am not sure if many of you are following the recruiting over the past week, but Coach Ryan Held is literally everywhere...coast to coast in consecutive days trying to get to as many prospects as possible. I am not sure if the guy ever sleeps, but he deserves major kudos.

Dude has been grindingggggggggggggggggggg on the road.  

Live look at the backseat of Coach Held's rental carImage result for empty red bull cans

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Does anyone have the info on how Held is covering so much ground?? Does he have a private plane flying him around? Is he driving and/or have an assistant to drive him around? Would be really interested to know how this man is doing it. Nonetheless, love the effort. 

Rumor going around that Held is either a witch or a hologram.

• Plus1 5
7 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Does anyone have the info on how Held is covering so much ground?? Does he have a private plane flying him around? Is he driving and/or have an assistant to drive him around? Would be really interested to know how this man is doing it. Nonetheless, love the effort. 

I would venture a small turboprop private plane with a recruiting assistant driving him around.

10 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

He has his own private jet. He has been to Florida, Missouri, and Texas in the last 24 hours