Assistants Announced

1 hour ago, ATS Knight said:

We're pretty pissed off. I'm pretty pissed off as well. 

I completely get why you would be pissed off, but what did folks expect? He obviously had a pretty decent coaching staff at UCF that helped him go 12-0. He's coming to his alma mater which needs resurrected and he's going to take the easiest and quickest path to do that given the expectations here and he knows how much work needs to be done to get us back to where we should be. 

• Plus1 1

Yeah. I totally get why they are mad but from SF perspective is he not supposed to offer those assistants?  That would be a dick move as well. Any of them were free to turn him down. This is a career for these guys. Obviously they are doing what they think is best for their career long term. It’s easy to sit back as fans and talk about things like loyalty but for them it is more money and a job in the Big10. For their future it is the smart move. 

UCF also had a chance to hold on to Walters and passed him over for HC. I imagine he’s probably a little annoyed about that. 

Edited by olddominionhusker
  • Plus1 7

2 hours ago, ATS Knight said:

We're pretty pissed off. I'm pretty pissed off as well. 

Do you think there is a portion to their decision where Beckton and Walters felt like they were wanted at NU more by Frost as “hey, let’s do something special!” than perhaps at UCF as being just a “holdover” guy to keep continuity?

USF can't be too upset.  He kept two coaches there that could be on the road recruiting for us.  He is bringing his whole staff to coach the bowl game.  I am OK with it during the dead period., but it would be a nice time for rest and family time.  If you USF is so upset they could not let him coach the bowl game and let their new staff deal with it.  Things suck in these situations.  Take the 12-0 and renewed interest in your team and back your new coach.  He could do great things in Orlando.

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

UCF fans have absolutely 0 reason to be mad at Frost and the staff.

See it from the other side. Imagine if another school took our entire staff, targeted our recruits, and did it before one of the most high profile bowl games in school history. This forum would be a raging inferno.

Frost has handled this about as well as he could, but this is still a coaching change, they're messy by their very nature. People will naturally be upset.

• Plus1 8