Assistants Announced

10 hours ago, krc1995 said:

I think Childress went to a&m after he was passed over for Mike Anderson.  I don't think the same season, but maybe a one or two later.  Van Horn hurt the most.  But he was from Arkansas so I understand  

Bill Byrne hired Mike Anderson knowing he was going to A&M and took Childress with him. 

10 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Care to elaborate on this? I think I know where you're going, but.....

I just mean that the Heupel hire feels really similar to how it felt when Frost was hired for a lot of UCF fans. There's reason for optimism, but lots of question marks as well. 

Y'all might have known a lot about Frost when we hired him, but it came out of nowhere. We were hearing a handful of names, but Frost wasn't one of them. Once the announcement came out, UCF fans were cautiously optimistic. But there were some big questions, like can this guy with midwest/northwest connections recruit well in Florida? And can this guy design his own offense or is he just copying the guy copying Chip Kelly? Obviously, we got good answers to both questions, but Heupel feels like a similar balance of hope and questions. 

8 hours ago, GoBigRed7228 said:

hes trying to downplay frost by saying he has gotten by on Kelly's coattails. people should stop engaging this salty man. 

I've been called many things over the course of my life, but salty is a brand new one. How to incorporate that in my avatar...hmmm....

• Plus1 4
42 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

UCF fans need to understand one thing if you grew up in nebrasksa, like Frost did, you probably had to take a four week square dancing course every year during p.e.  These are the kinds of things that others cannot possibly understand. 

Thankfully our school didnt do that stuff.  Though, oddly enough, we had several weeks of doing chess. 

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

UCF fans need to understand one thing if you grew up in nebrasksa, like Frost did, you probably had to take a four week square dancing course every year during p.e.  These are the kinds of things that others cannot possibly understand. 

What is the advantage of knowing about Nebraska square dancing training? I'm not pushing back, just not seeing the connection.

When I was at UCF, they had a class called Country/Western Line Dancing. Lot of football players in that class. No wonder they're thinking about transferring, not enough school-sanctioned square dancing...

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

What is the advantage of knowing about Nebraska square dancing training? I'm not pushing back, just not seeing the connection.

When I was at UCF, they had a class called Country/Western Line Dancing. Lot of football players in that class. No wonder they're thinking about transferring, not enough school-sanctioned square dancing...

NO- it's part of the general education (maybe was-God I hope so) p.e. curriculum from grades 5-9, approximately .  Its a shame you can only understand if you experienced it.  Forced square dancing for adolencents.  

10 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

I think he's just saying that theres a certain unique connection to the state the people feel, and that connection is something that brought Frost back and is independent of how he feels towards UCF. 

Also, Im sorry I called you a salty man. You seem nice. I like what you've done with your avatar though. 

• Plus1 1