Assistants Announced

12 hours ago, krc1995 said:

UCF fans need to understand one thing if you grew up in nebrasksa, like Frost did, you probably had to take a four week square dancing course every year during p.e.  These are the kinds of things that others cannot possibly understand. 

Yep.  Not sure if it was a "course", but we learned square dancing in PE....

7 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

So Frost is going to take Walters and Beckton square dancing to see if they qualify to live in Nebraska?

That would be a good idea to get them integrated into Nebraska society in case they lacked that in their upbringing. Maybe after spring game they could fit that in.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

So Frost is going to take Walters and Beckton square dancing to see if they qualify to live in Nebraska?

Uh, hello, it's the law. If you can't promenade you can't live here!

Side note: I think they always did the square dancing unit in 4th grade at my school. When I was in 4th grade it was one of the big anniversaries of Nebraska statehood, so we naturally had to do a performance for the whole school/parents :facepalm:

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

That would be a good idea to get them integrated into Nebraska society in case they lacked that in their upbringing. Maybe after spring game they could fit that in.

Nebraska orientation program?

"Walters, you'll be the man and Beckton, you'll be the lady for this square dancing"

"This is called a Runza, feel free to eat them on the sidelines"

"This is called hunting, it's how people found food before restaurants"

• Plus1 6
Just now, ATS Knight said:

Nebraska orientation program?

"Walters, you'll be the man and Beckton, you'll be the lady for this square dancing"

"This is called a Runza, feel free to eat them on the sidelines"

"This is called hunting, it's how people found food before restaurants"

Don't forget shucking corn

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

Wow square dancing in school is a real thing? Thank god I live in Omaha where we do our best not to live up to the national stereotype of being cornfed hicks. No offense to my western Nebraska brothers/sisters on the board:lol:

I grew up in Omaha and we did square dancing for PE in 5th grade (I think? maybe 4th grade).