Assistants Announced

14 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Wow square dancing in school is a real thing? Thank god I live in Omaha where we do our best not to live up to the national stereotype of being cornfed hicks. No offense to my western Nebraska brothers/sisters on the board:lol:

I'm not even from Nebraska and I take offense at that. I'm not a big dancer, but when I have been forced to dance, square dancing was the most enjoyable. 

I think it's way more mainstream than hick. 

Edit: Like bluegrass. Bluegrass might be more prevalent in certain parts of the county, but you can find bluegrass bands all over the country. It's seen as more quirky than hick.  

Edited by ATS Knight

1 hour ago, ATS Knight said:

So Frost is going to take Walters and Beckton square dancing to see if they qualify to live in Nebraska?

Yup and if they don't make the cut we feed them to the ravenous prairie dogs as a sacrifice in hopes they will leave us alone for the winter.

Nebraska is a cold and very dark place.

:P

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, GSG said:

Uh, hello, it's the law. If you can't promenade you can't live here!

Side note: I think they always did the square dancing unit in 4th grade at my school. When I was in 4th grade it was one of the big anniversaries of Nebraska statehood, so we naturally had to do a performance for the whole school/parents :facepalm:

and the cotton eyed joe.  never forget the cotton eyed joe   

• Plus1 3

56 minutes ago, husker98 said:

Yup and if they don't make the cut we feed them to the ravenous prairie dogs as a sacrifice in hopes they will leave us alone for the winter.

Nebraska is a cold and very dark place.

:P

That might be a myth about the prairie dogs. They never finish off a whole carcass before the coyotes come along. Nobody really knows how ravenous prairie dogs are.

Edited by 4skers89
  • Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

That might be a myth about the prairie dogs. They never finish off a whole carcass before the coyotes come along. Nobody really knows how ravenous prairie dogs are.

This isn't true.    I've seen prairie dog's devour an entire elephant carcass in 10 minutes flat.    Even the local honey badger population steers clear of the prairie dog towns.  I've heard stories of a single prairie dog taking down a timberwolf.