Assistants Announced

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So they INCREASED their pool by something similar to what our pool total is (ballpark).

Good grief.

You've got to wonder where the breaking point is on salaries for coaches

It also looks like the Patriots helped Schiano out with a little salary bump.  Must be nice.

Edited by HS_Coach_C
3 hours ago, Mavric said:

So they INCREASED their pool by something similar to what our pool total is (ballpark).

To be fair, their assistant pool was lower than Nebraska’s before the increase. I think their total pool is like 7.5 now.   Nebraska’s is 5. 

If NU starts beating Ohio St on the field, my bet is that the salaries will be on par with Ohio St as well. 

Edited by Jason Sitoke
3 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

To be fair, their assistant pool was lower than Nebraska’s before the increase. I think their total pool is like 7.5 now.   Nebraska’s is 5. 

If NU starts beating Ohio St on the field, my bet is that the salaries will be on par with Ohio St as well. 

No, their salary pool last year was basically the same as what Nebraska will be paying this next year - about $4.3-$4.4M.  The $5M number includes Duvall which I don’t think the tOSU number does.

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

No, their salary pool last year was basically the same as what Nebraska will be paying this next year - about $4.3-$4.4M.  The $5M number includes Duvall which I don’t think the tOSU number does.

Yeah.  I crunched the numbahs...and with their strength coach added - $4,846,225.  Which is pretty comparable.  

A big reason is that they just added a 10th coach at $800,000 a year, whereas Ruud I think starts at $200,000.

Resources will not be an issue.  If we start seeing similar success, there will be substantial merit increases to keep the staff together.