Assistants Announced

How much of the support staff sticks around?  Is that at the discretion of the coach or the AD?  For example, I saw the profiles of Billy Devaney and a bunch of GA/intern types still listed on Huskers.com.  I imagine the GA's are more of a coach decision but what about a person like Devaney?  Trent Bray is still listed as an assistant as well.  I presume he'll be gone after a bit of transitional housekeeping but he's still there if that means anything.

Edited by darkhorse85

Just now, In the Deed the Glory said:

He has the record for UNASSISTED tackles as well...

5a25acde85470_ScreenShot2017-12-04at2_14_49PM.png.536a3a8484a3dfe3a751c1aa513b4919.png

I wasn't trying to knock Ruud.  The guy was a stud at NU and the NFL.  I am stoked that he will coach at NU.  It's just an inside joke I have with one of my brothers who was at NU at the time.  Ruud would constantly jump on the pile and the PA announcer would say "tackle by Ruud".

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, darkhorse85 said:

How much of the support staff sticks around?  Is that at the discretion of the coach or the AD?  For example I saw the profiles of Billy Devaney and a bunch of GA/intern types still listed on Huskers.com.  I imagine the GA's are more of a coach decision but what about a person like Devaney?  Trent Bray is still listed as an assistant as well.  I presume he'll be gone after a bit of transitional housekeeping but he's still there if that means anything.

I hope Devaney is gone.  I don't see the value he added to NU, and was a hindrance to the rest of the support staff.

The support staff guys are important though, and are still at NU, until further notice.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I hope Devaney is gone.  I don't see the value he added to NU, and was a hindrance to the rest of the support staff.

The support staff guys are important though, and are still at NU, until further notice.

Me too.  After hearing that he and Diaco allegedly talked Riley out of offering Bryson Williams made me hope Frost shows him the door post haste.