Assistants Announced

I think it is important that coaches have the people around them they trust and respect, more importantly that they are on the same page with in the program.  You only have to look at the people who were forced on the last HC to see how that can turn out.  My son's coach coached at Ohio U. for 10 years and has a son who coaches for a D 1 program now.  He said the most important thing in a staff is trust and being on the same page.

17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Josh Huepel named the new coach at UCF.  Does that mean Troy Walters will join the UCF crew in Lincoln?

That would make a lot of sense to me. 

Kudos to UCF's AD.  Heupel did a masterful job turning Mizzou's offense around and it sounds like he got Randy Shannon as the DC who has a ton of ties to Florida.  I thought Shannon did a nice job of instilling discipline when he was the HC at Miami and helped really clean the program up.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Xmas32 said:

That would make a lot of sense to me. 

Kudos to UCF's AD.  Heupel did a masterful job turning Mizzou's offense around and it sounds like he got Randy Shannon as the DC who has a ton of ties to Florida.  I thought Shannon did a nice job of instilling discipline when he was the HC at Miami and helped really clean the program up.

It's probably a good idea for UCF to move on from the Frost regime, and go with a coach outside the program and give him the ability to bring his own staff there.

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, secretasianman said:

With Dawson in at DL, then Parrella must be out.  There were posters here making the case for or against Parrella, but since the announcement of these assistants, I haven’t seen any talk about Parrella unless it’s in another thread.  

I felt that Parrella’s line under performed in both Banker and Diaco’s strain, I mean, scheme, so I am fine with him not being retained.

It would be cool to have a staff loaded with former Huskers, but then again , see Cotton.

Several Freshmen were playing Dline and almost no Freshmen are ready physically to play. He recruited well. The Dline played with more fire than any other position on the team.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Walters wants to stay at UCF.  Will get an interview when he gets back from the Broyles Award ceremony.  If that doesn't work out, he has an offer to come here.

Sounds like Sean Beckton also has an offer to come here.  He was Frost's TE coach/Recruiting Coordinator.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Walters wants to stay at UCF.  Will get an interview when he gets back from the Broyles Award ceremony.  If that doesn't work out, he has an offer to come here.

OK...He could be OC at a P5 school trying to win the Big Ten and National Championship making probably $800,000.....or......stay at UCF with a new coach that he probably doesn't know making way less and no chance of winning an NC.

What am I missing?

Which is going to get him noticed more for future HC positions?

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...He could be OC at a P5 school trying to win the Big Ten and National Championship making probably $800,000.....or......stay at UCF with a new coach that he probably doesn't know making way less and no chance of winning an NC.

What am I missing?

Which is going to get him noticed more for future HC positions?

Frost calls the plays, so maybe that's why?