ESPN-How Nebraska Got Scott Frost

I'll weigh in too to say I agree. I think most of us want effort and competence. If Scott is in over his head a bit at first, I have no doubt his team will still play hard and be mentally strong.

We gave Bo plenty of rope...the biggest gripe most of us had in the end was his teams were sloppy and easily lost composure.

Watching ucf Saturday, that team never lost composure despite turnovers, blowing two double digit leads, and giving up the first td in overtime after having them backed up with two penalties. Frost never wilted under the pressure here as a qb. His teams won't either. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

Sobering quote from Scott about the reality of how this isn't all roses for him and his family the way it is for us as fans. Everyone should read this quote and cheer like absolute mad for Scott to succeed here - not for us, but for him. Wow.

Was a gut-wrenching decision for sure -- it's trying to chose between your father and your son. 

11 minutes ago, irafreak said:

I'll weigh in too to say I agree. I think most of us want effort and competence. If Scott is in over his head a bit at first, I have no doubt his team will still play hard and be mentally strong.

We gave Bo plenty of rope...the biggest gripe most of us had in the end was his teams were sloppy and easily lost composure.

Watching ucf Saturday, that team never lost composure despite turnovers, blowing two double digit leads, and giving up the first td in overtime after having them backed up with two penalties. Frost never wilted under the pressure here as a qb. His teams won't either. 

With all of the added distractions the past two weeks. That focus has been missing for a lot time around here.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Landlord said:

Sobering quote from Scott about the reality of how this isn't all roses for him and his family the way it is for us as fans. Everyone should read this quote and cheer like absolute mad for Scott to succeed here - not for us, but for him. Wow.

Yup. I think we're all behind him. I just wonder if we can stand the growing pains. He asked for a 7 year contract for a reason. If we as fans get impatient, it's going to be rough. He went to UCF because it was the right fit, he went to Nebraska because it's home. Getting fit the way it needs to be has the potential to take a bit IMO.

4 hours ago, zoogs said:

I think he knows how hard it is to succeed at Nebraska and grasps the enormity of the challenge before him. He would rock at UCF for a long time, perhaps however long he wanted. Nobody has been able to take Nebraska to the top for about two decades now, and the fallout if he flops here could be really ugly. He's right to be wary of it. 

Nebraska is now truly bringing the 90s back. Failure now can no longer be blamed on outsiders who don't get the culture, who don't respect the walk-on program, who don't play the style of play Nebraska should be playing, and so on. The pressure on Frost to deliver is enormous. I hope he is able to handle it with aplomb.

R-E-L-A-X

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, zoogs said:

I think he knows how hard it is to succeed at Nebraska and grasps the enormity of the challenge before him. He would rock at UCF for a long time, perhaps however long he wanted. Nobody has been able to take Nebraska to the top for about two decades now, and the fallout if he flops here could be really ugly. He's right to be wary of it. 

Nebraska is now truly bringing the 90s back. Failure now can no longer be blamed on outsiders who don't get the culture, who don't respect the walk-on program, who don't play the style of play Nebraska should be playing, and so on. The pressure on Frost to deliver is enormous. I hope he is able to handle it with aplomb.

I hope he handles it with a freaking A-Bomb rather than aplomb.  (But I hear what you're saying)

29 minutes ago, Husker66 said:

If Scott Frost cant be successful here, I'm not sure who can.

Seriously.  I dont think failure is in the man's DNA.  It may take awhile to get this crap storm turned around and we have to be patient, but i loved what they said about building it on solid footing and doing it the right way.  We're going to take some lumps along the way, but at least when we do take those lumps, they're going to be learning opportunities, rather than quitting opportunities.

8 hours ago, HuskerMan said:

I know the speculation is Moos won't be here for long term.  I sure as hell hope he is because he gets it.  Don't need some new shot AD coming and and bringing "his guy" in 4-5 years if Frost hasn't won a championship by then.  

If Scott is successful, Moos will renew Scott's contract before he leaves and get Scott's input on the next AD.  Now that Scott is here after a tough decision, hopefully his heart is 100% in it, since adversity WILL strike this team at times and a "I should have stayed at UCF" mentality at tough times will sink him.  I think he would have had more regrets had he passed on Nebraska which is why I think he ultimately chose Nebraska. 

Was it tough for Frost? Sure it's always a tough call to make a huge decision. Expecially when you are undefeated with a young team.

But it wasn't THAT hard and it wasn't all about emotion either.

Dan Mullen has zero ties here. He was our 2nd choice and had an offer from Florida too. Mullen was taking the Nebraska job over the Florida job if it was offered to him.

Our 3rd choice was Justin Fuente. He also said he wanted the job and would leave Virginia Tech for Nebraska. He just turned down FSU.

All these it was hard stories are nothing but lots of overinflated PR fluff and weak conjecture, this wasn't a pity hire.