Eichorst-really a Wisconsin plant?

15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Because Bo Pelini lived in the public eye, performed on television, and left us with two candid recordings of behind-the-scenes Bo, the statement really isn't that bold. 

The behavior seems to have followed him to Youngstown State, so it's not just us. And in the slew of head coach openings the past three years, there's been zero clamor for the man with the 9 win magic.

Eichorst gave Bo an extension, a bigger recruiting budget, and a PR campaign to warm up Bo's image. It was Bo's job to lose in Season 7, and he did. 

Eichorst handled Bo's firing correctly.  

Depends on what you mean by "correctly".....

The football program, and being Perlman's puppet, literally cost Eichorst his job.  And by literally, I mean literally.

Concerns with the administration was one of the most significant things Frost wanted reassurance about.

But by all means, if the way the administration operated falls under the category of "correctly" in your book, I guess it's unfortunate none of them are still around......for whatever reason or reasons that might be.

Oh, and as far as a coach in demand.....that good ol' Mike Riley.  What year was it that Bama was courtin' him?

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Plenty of ADs not named Eichorst would have fired Pelini at about the same time in about the same fashion. 

The situation wasn't about Pelini and the AD, so I have no idea what any other AD might have done.  In this case I assume they would have followed out Perlman's plan.....since that would have been qualification numero uno for the position.

But, an entire house cleaning has taken place and the immediate future looks bright and hopeful.

I think Santa's sleigh will have more Husker merchandise on it than any year in recent memory.

18 minutes ago, teachercd said:

SE handled it wrong.  He could have handled it right...if he had a time machine and 1.21 gigawats...then he could have fired him when he was supposed to fire him instead of being unprofessional and a coward.  I don't blame him...I would have done the same thing.

When should he have fired him?

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand that, and it's unfortunate it went that way.  However, Eichorst could have spent the next year trying to mend his relationship with Bo, instead of hiding out in his office and creating more alienation.

Eichorst wasn't hired to mend fences.

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think 2010 is the answer Perlman would be looking for.

The fact that Bo wasn't fired for another four years kinda ruins your theory.

Again, Pelini gave Eichorst and Perlman all the cover they needed to fire him in 2013, if that was their master plan. Instead he got a bigger recruiting budget, a Bo-friendly PR campaign and another year on that contract extension they gave him.  

If Bo Pelini had simply beaten Minnesota at home the week after the Wisconsin debacle, Shawn Eichorst wouldn't have fired him in 2014, either. 

Did Eichorst personally hate working with Bo?  Did Perlman resent the football program being the face of the entire university, possibly resenting Tom Osborne himself?

Sure. Why not? 

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

The fact that Bo wasn't fired for another four years kinda ruins your theory.

Again, Pelini gave Eichorst and Perlman all the cover they needed to fire him in 2013, if that was their master plan. Instead he got a bigger recruiting budget, a Bo-friendly PR campaign and another year on that contract extension they gave him.  

If Bo Pelini had simply beaten Minnesota at home the week after the Wisconsin debacle, Shawn Eichorst wouldn't have fired him in 2014, either. 

Did Eichorst personally hate working with Bo?  Did Perlman resent the football program being the face of the entire university, possibly resenting Tom Osborne himself?

Sure. Why not? 

Yep.  Why not.....

Getting rid of Pelini was tougher than Perlman expected.  Osborne wouldn't cooperate.....then boosters and regents wouldn't cooperate.

So really why does this even matter now?  Because if Perlman and/or Eichorst were still here, Frost would not be.

Why didn't Frost get a call after Pelini I was fired?  Well, can you imagine Eichorst telling Perlman "hey Harv, we're gonna interview a coach from Osborne's close circle"? 

• Plus1 1