Extremely impressed with the new staff on the recruiting trail

1 minute ago, Sparker said:

The fans are pissed, but I could see a player decommitting because they wanted to play in Frost's system.

One of the commits called Frost a liar. It seems weird for him to coach a team he is in competition with.

I saw Gilyard's comment so yeah he probably hadn't decommited when the offer was made.  I think something happened and UCF will not have Frost back to coach the bowl game so he opened recruiting to include UCF commits.  Just a hunch.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I heard that Keith Williams was let go. If so, we're going to miss out on some great WRs that wanted to play for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see another B1G team pick him up.

Keith Williams was a good coach, but he didn’t invent WR coaching and recruiting for that position. He’s not irreplaceable. 

• Plus1 2

58 minutes ago, Ulty said:

It might also be nice to have a coach on the recruiting trail who can legally drive a car.

Not necessary--just fly into major metropolitan areas, and then use Uber/Lyft to get out there and back. 

I mean, it's nice, but not necessary. Plus, think of all of the multitasking he could do to/from a recruit's house. 

Edited by VectorVictor
14 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Josh Moore.  Dude could play on Sundays on both sides of the ball and return kicks.  New offense needs to be able to threaten the defense with speed.  Josh has speed.  

Second I would say Wildeman.  Think that kid is going to be a beast A better version of Stille, and Stille is going to be a good one. 

This. of uncommitted Will Honas is a JUCO ILB that can PLAY

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I heard that Keith Williams was let go. If so, we're going to miss out on some great WRs that wanted to play for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see another B1G team pick him up.

I believe I read that UCF requires the WRs to learn all of the blocking on running plays before they practice any routes.  Frost will probably only hire someone he feels comfortable with teaching both.  I'm not saying KW can't do that but Frost may know someone that definitely can.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Frost recruited him and then left for UCF.  Wilson redshirted his first year and then sounds like not the best showing at Spring Ball leading to his transfer to JUCO.  

Never played for Frost.  I've also heard the coaching change had something to do with Wilson.  Might not fit the role Taggart wanted at OR.  Wilson is gettng Div 1 offers.   I trust Frost and his QB coach if they do offer him. The QB coach is a Jedi Master with QB's.

Wilson is definitely worth bringing in for a look.  He had a great skill set coming out of high school and he brings a different dynamic than the current QB's on NU's roster.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if NU ends up with having 2 or 3 guys starting at QB next year.  It's not ideal, but it's a transition year, so Frost may need some time finding the right QB to lead the team.